GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Jason RIP
Joined
·
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know much about lifted suspension, but this looked impressive to me :drool:



Nice "tough" looking truck to me :bowtie:



I like the front bumper, it's different :head: might should paint that washer fluid bottle black though :crazy:

 

·
is awesome
Joined
·
2,263 Posts
the suspension set-up is really nice
must have a big body lift to have the washerfulid hanging out there :think:
 

·
Jason RIP
Joined
·
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dkj1028 said:
the suspension set-up is really nice
must have a big body lift to have the washerfulid hanging out there :think:
Might be so, I just thought you coudl see it cause he has no bumper and you can see through his tube one
 

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
Joined
·
6,656 Posts
thats over $10,000 in the suspension easy. The reason that fluid bottle hangs down is because on the NBS they are much lower, and without the bumper and with the cutouts you CAN see it even without a bodylift.
 

·
Jason RIP
Joined
·
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dark Eternal said:
thats over $10,000 in the suspension easy. The reason that fluid bottle hangs down is because on the NBS they are much lower, and without the bumper and with the cutouts you CAN see it even without a bodylift.
Yeah, I know .. I was under my truck taking the foglight out and knew it was there .. I just think he should black it out or something :crazy:
 

·
NorCalOffRoad
Joined
·
155 Posts
it doesnt look like it even has a body lift which is nice. I do like the 4 link but way to costly for a truck that prob is just going into mud.

Kinda dig the bumper, Id like to see it so that you cant see whats behind it tho.
 

·
Member #66
Joined
·
4,024 Posts
jays68yak said:
it doesnt look like it even has a body lift which is nice. I do like the 4 link but way to costly for a truck that prob is just going into mud.

Kinda dig the bumper, Id like to see it so that you cant see whats behind it tho.
i dont see the 4-link... btu then again im stupid...
 

·
Burning Rubber
Joined
·
994 Posts
i Still don't get it... It must have over 10k dropped in the suspension..... I spent around 2k on my jeep and could out wheel that bish any day of the week.



just to get an Idea, the loading dock in this pic is probably close to 12" taller than the one w/ the Silvy.


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,518 Posts
That blue trucks rear suspension hasn't even started to twist yet... I would guess he could get a front tire about 40" off the ground or so before the rear tire started lifting.

But then again, yours is a jeep and jeeps can do anything.
 

·
Burning Rubber
Joined
·
994 Posts
willyswanter said:
That blue trucks rear suspension hasn't even started to twist yet... I would guess he could get a front tire about 40" off the ground or so before the rear tire started lifting.

But then again, yours is a jeep and jeeps can do anything.
:word:
 

·
Proud Chevy Owner
Joined
·
859 Posts
I doubt that jeep could outwheel that fullsize. I was reading all about that truck a while ago on cardomain and he has a LOT done to it. Maybe the jeep could do better in extreme rockcrawling where the shorter the truck the better.
 

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
Joined
·
5,501 Posts
jays68yak said:
and yours came with a solid front axle from the factory.
which saves over 2K on just the axle alone...and u already have all the spring perches welded on, its coil sprung, and you don't have to totally redo the suspension...on an IFS vehicle u have to totally redo the front suspension, figure out steering, all that sorta shit...its a lot more involved, and on the NBS, most guys have to change out the autotrack transfer case for an older t-case too...more money there...SFA on a FS totally changes EVERYTHING about the suspension...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
That silverado is bad ass, But Im gonna have to say he doesnt have over 10 grand into it, C/o's are aprx 1200 to 1500 for the pair, labor about 3500 if he took it somewhere, Axle with lockers and axles, 2ish, so bout 6-8 grand tops, I have 15grand into my race trucks suspension, and mines as good as it gets for a non trophy truck.. Im in no way trying to get into a pissing contest, just saying i doubt hes got over 10 into the front of it.
 

Attachments

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
Joined
·
6,656 Posts
wanna bet that hes got 10k into it? If he totally rebuilt that front axle its worth well over 2k alone, closer to 3. Then you add in drivelines, new transfr case (hes got one), rear axle, tires, rims.... trust me. My SFA with just leafs is costing me over 8k.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top