GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was driving home from a chicks house and i look down and my rpm's shoot real high. i let off and hear a boom, hit the breaks and they were gone. i shut the truck off and let it coast...looked up and hi wheel. there it went right past me. the shaft gave way. not normal it just broke where the c-clip goes. i will get pics up in a few min or in the pm. just thought i should let you know. got a little body damage from the shaft hitting the truck but i can fix it. also the truck is going to a "street queen" now

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
PICS asap i want to see this shit woot.

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
Been there, done that. Its not fun, especially at 60mph. "Hi wheel" is exactly the frame of mind that you have. Then you go into an, "OH SHIT" phase.

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
that sucks

my 10 bolt scares me

·
Registered
318 Posts
Happend to me a few weeks ago only i was lucky enough to pull over b4 the wheel came completely off, the lugs had came lose while wheeling. Happend to a member on FSC about the same time as well scary stuff.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Happend to me a few weeks ago only i was lucky enough to pull over b4 the wheel came completely off, the lugs had came lose while wheeling. Happend to a member on FSC about the same time as well scary stuff.
His axle shaft broke and came out the housing and rolled past him. not just the wheel came off.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I know what happend, the wheel coming off part tho, thats scray no matter how it happends.

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Ive never done it in a truck.....I have a buddy thats done it twice though!! I did once do it on a 4 wheeler and it wasnt cool just to flip for no reason then you see your wheel go past you

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,321 Posts
What the heck do you guys do to your trucks to make that happen or is just a comman problem with 10 bolts. Pretty lousy if you ask me

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
What the heck do you guys do to your trucks to make that happen or is just a comman problem with 10 bolts. Pretty lousy if you ask me
If your truck is a half ton, there is a good possibility your can do that with 46's

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,321 Posts
Yeah buut I'm asking is that from wheeling hard or just regular street driving. Mine is street only, just asking

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Yeah buut I'm asking is that from wheeling hard or just regular street driving. Mine is street only, just asking
Usually it's from wheeling and or hard street driving. Burnouts, brakestands, that type of thing... but there are always exceptions... every pound of rolling mass you add to your truck inceases your risk of breaking parts.

·
cracker ass fantastic
616 Posts
its real fun with 39.5s too:roflmao: snapped the studs on my ford one night, glad no one else was on the road...would have devestated their car

1 - 20 of 30 Posts