GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to the forum but I figured I would post to maybe get some insight or helpful tips. I have a 93 chevrolet blazer 2 door full size 4x4 with 180k miles that I just bought a month ago. When I bought it the guy said he replaced the tranny with one from a 93 suburban so I figured it was good. The other day as I'm driving down the highway I get off the exit to get gas and at the red light as I go to accelerate, my engine just revs and I've lost all gears including reverse. I try to fix anything if I can before I go to a mechanic so I've replaced the whole transmission solenoid kit because I thought that may be the problem but turns out it wasn't. I've also took off the differential cover and checked my gears back there and they were fine. Now I think it's maybe my transfer case or torque converter. I'm puzzled at the moment and thought someone could maybe help me out to what it may be. Thanks.

·
Some dude on the internet
1,068 Posts
Did it make any noises when it happened, or while you put it in forward or reverse gears? Normally when a transfer case goes, something breaks and you'll hear shit rattling around while in gear. I'd suspect the trans/torque converter. You can pull the transfer case and see if everything moves to be sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts