GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
cracker ass fantastic
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2500 gmc ext. cab and have been doing a lot of looking around for the best system i can put in without blowing over a grand or so. I already have the amp and what not i just need subs and a box. I have seen plently of downfire boxes and different things for ext. cabs but havnt heard anyones imput on this. All my sound system experience has been in SUV's so i need a lil help. What is the loudest combination of subs and box i can put under my back seat? Please post and suggestions esp. if you have experience with a product......Thanks

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Do you have stock speakers? I dont think just getting the loudest subs you can get is a good idea. Its really going to make your mids and highs sound weak imo. Basically your vocals and instrumentals are going to sound somewhat drowned out by the immense amount of bass.

·
GM FOREVER
724 Posts
You can get a pretty nice system for that price. I would go with 2 JL 12" under the back seat. Here is a price breakdown if you shop around you can get all this stuff in your price budget. Maybe not the top end but a damn nice set up for the price.
Pioneer HU- with sub outputs and volume control-$225
(2) JL subs W1 4ohms or Kicker subs- 125 each- $250 total
Focal 6 1/2" components- $300
Wiring kit(4 gauge at least)- $80
Stereo install kit and harness-$40
Build you own box-materials- $60
$955 TOTAL

These of course are just using a local shop here in my area that I do business with. I have to build systems for guys all the time on a very limited budget. Surf Ebay and you might get better prices but then you have to factor in shipping charges. It can be done for $1000 but shop around. Good luck

·
No one lays pipe like me
307 Posts
You forgot the amps!! :D

·
cracker ass fantastic
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha im sorry guys i forgot to tell you i already have JL components in my truck and a JL 300/4 amp. Also a JL 500/1 with no subs to put on it. A pioneer head unit and a set of SPL tweeters for a little extra high.....all i need is the box and subs.....ive been messing around with the idea of a box from Subthump and a set of 12" w3v3 D4's and a little bit of pollyfill for some added air space. I just dont know how it would sound im just curious as to what all everyone else has so i can get an idea of whats gonna thump....thanks

·
Registered
593 Posts
i had really good results with removing the back seat, getting a big box and filling it with two 12inch jl audio w1v3 running on a cap and rf500.2.

if you have upgraded hu, speakers in front and back, and sounddeaden your whole ride, you can get some good sound for not too much.

·
Registered
22 Posts
if you want alot of bass put a FI BL or BTL 12 or 15 in there, of course you'd want bigger then a 500 to run one of those subs

·
layin big rubber
1,426 Posts
loud to one person is not loud to another

keeping the sub(s) under the back seat in the stock height isn't gonna give u to much room to get loud with

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've got a GMC 2500 with 2 10" Kicker Comp VRs under the back seat on 1200 watts. The rest are stock speakers with some aftermarket tweeters in my A pillars. It sounds perfect to me... when i want it loud it will get LOUD but its still driveable

·
Registered
593 Posts
Im thinking of goin with a box from supercrewsound.com that holds 4 10's. Maybe some 10" w3v2 or w3v3s would sound nice......
is this all going to fit under the seat? if so, there wont be enough air space for it. it would sound better to have fewer speakers with the correct air space.

btw, i had 1-w3v3 in a ported box and it beat hard for a little 10. it was on the same amp as before, the 500.2

1 - 20 of 26 Posts