GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
chris, when i use optimum compounds and polishes i get what looks like fish hooks or something. am i not using enough product?

·
1,847 Posts
How does the tire gel hold up? I cant find a gel that doesn't fling off all over the side of my truck. I stick w/ spray foam because it stays on the tire, but gel looks better :shrug:

·
T Nigs
1,318 Posts
How does the tire gel hold up? I cant find a gel that doesn't fling off all over the side of my truck. I stick w/ spray foam because it stays on the tire, but gel looks better :shrug:
check autozone for a new tire shine called INSANE tire shine by meguires. I think its colored like the nxt bottle. I used it on my dads truck, it didnt fling and lasted 2 weeks. Its seriously the best shit ever, and its not a foam.

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
chris, when i use optimum compounds and polishes i get what looks like fish hooks or something. am i not using enough product?
Alex, I was getting the same thing recently when using the Optimum line...I had clean pads and thought I was doing everything I normally would do...In reality I wasn't letting the product break down far enough. Optimum has a much longer break down point then something like the SSR lineup if you're used to that.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think it holds up very well and I get no slinging. This is tied w/ bold n bright as my favorite tire dressing.

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
Alex, I was getting the same thing recently when using the Optimum line...I had clean pads and thought I was doing everything I normally would do...In reality I wasn't letting the product break down far enough. Optimum has a much longer break down point then something like the SSR lineup if you're used to that.
ok good, i thought i wasted my money.
good thing it was user error and not a product error.:crazy:
I think it holds up very well and I get no slinging. This is tied w/ bold n bright as my favorite tire dressing.
i love bold n bright!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts