GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which kit these days are better? I had MCG on my NNBS with spindles and I was satisfied with there product. I was wondering when doing the front is spindles still the way to go so I don't have to mess with sagging springs etc. Also on a crew cab in order to lower the rear can I use a hanger/shackle kit or do I have to flip then lift up, or replace the leafs and shackle? I really don't want to flip and would rather do a hanger/shackle kit instead. If you have any pics of a 2/4 nbs crews that you could post that would be great too.

·
GMFS Senior Member
3,195 Posts
i know that crews have welded hangers, not the typical rivets, so hangers are out, if you want a 2/4 drop id go with spindles or coils upfront, and a flipkit with lift shackles and a notch out back is cheaper than a set of drop leafs

check out this thread too, lots of crews, makes me want to lower mine

http://gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93920&highlight=crew+cab&page=3

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No hangers...damn thats what i was afraid of. I notice they were welded and wanted to hear from people on hear that it couldn't be done. I wonder which shackle will allow the most rear drop since I know some are longer than others.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
someone questioned this the other day, had driveshaft concerns, I want to go 4/6 with mine when I wear my tires, but I share the other guys concern about x members and driveshaft issues.

·
GMFS Senior Member
3,195 Posts
most dont have issues or rub the one piece slightly, or will replace it with a two piece driveshaft, i had a friend who was 4.5/7.5 with his one piece, but any lower than 6" and i see a problem. check out trilogys truck for a good 4/6

·
Tuckin' Tire Static
3,915 Posts
Get helpers and you can ride 4/6 with that 1piece. Im going 5/7 so im gonna try and get mine to work if it doesnt then ill just grab a 2piece.

·
Tuckin' Tire Static
3,915 Posts
No.

·
Tuckin' Tire Static
3,915 Posts
Im close to 100% sure you cant. I looked at it every way possible. Just go flipkit with lift shackle trust me.

·
Tuckin' Tire Static
3,915 Posts
I would but ive looked before and it cant be done ALL crew cabs have welded front hangers. I wanted 2/4 in the beginning but couldnt with flip and lift shackles so i said screw it and now am going 5/7.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.