GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which kit these days are better? I had MCG on my NNBS with spindles and I was satisfied with there product. I was wondering when doing the front is spindles still the way to go so I don't have to mess with sagging springs etc. Also on a crew cab in order to lower the rear can I use a hanger/shackle kit or do I have to flip then lift up, or replace the leafs and shackle? I really don't want to flip and would rather do a hanger/shackle kit instead. If you have any pics of a 2/4 nbs crews that you could post that would be great too.

·
GMFS Senior Member
3,195 Posts
oh, and go mcgaughys, lots of vendors on here, but hit up nortex on here formely ssierra08, he can hook you up man

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No hangers...damn thats what i was afraid of. I notice they were welded and wanted to hear from people on hear that it couldn't be done. I wonder which shackle will allow the most rear drop since I know some are longer than others.

·
GMFS Senior Member
3,195 Posts
either way a shackle lowers 1"to2", but i havent found a true 2" drop, could remove a leaf, but i wouldnt recommend that, flip kit with lift shackles are best bet

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
someone questioned this the other day, had driveshaft concerns, I want to go 4/6 with mine when I wear my tires, but I share the other guys concern about x members and driveshaft issues.

·
GMFS Senior Member
3,195 Posts
most dont have issues or rub the one piece slightly, or will replace it with a two piece driveshaft, i had a friend who was 4.5/7.5 with his one piece, but any lower than 6" and i see a problem. check out trilogys truck for a good 4/6

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
^word you should be fine with a 4 6 drop and a 1 piece. any lower would be problematic. you may scrub occasionally but nothing to worry imo.

·
Tuckin' Tire Static
3,914 Posts
Get helpers and you can ride 4/6 with that 1piece. Im going 5/7 so im gonna try and get mine to work if it doesnt then ill just grab a 2piece.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have a Mcgaughy's 2/4 drop kit for my 04 cc and it came with hangers and flipkit. I have yet to install it but hoping to do so soon.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just checked my hangers today and they looked to be rivet on so I should be able to use a hanger/shackle kit instead of a flip right?

·
Tuckin' Tire Static
3,914 Posts
No.

·
Formely SSierra08
4,536 Posts
You should be able to. I beleive you can do front hangers on a cc. Dont hold me to it but I beleive you can

·
Tuckin' Tire Static
3,914 Posts
Im close to 100% sure you cant. I looked at it every way possible. Just go flipkit with lift shackle trust me.

·
Tuckin' Tire Static
3,914 Posts
I would but ive looked before and it cant be done ALL crew cabs have welded front hangers. I wanted 2/4 in the beginning but couldnt with flip and lift shackles so i said screw it and now am going 5/7.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So is it riveted and welded? I can try and take pics to show you guys? They don't look welded to me.

·
Formely SSierra08
4,536 Posts
It will work, its like the nnbs style kinda. The rear hangers are riveted like on the 08+ . The same way you did the 2/5 or 4/6 on the black truck.
93047_450.gif

1 - 20 of 42 Posts