GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Xtended Cab Sierra with 20" wheels. I am paralyzed from the waist down and this is my first vehicle to get since my accident. I don't know much about lowering vehicles. My key concern and thing I am trying to achieve is getting the seat height low enough so that it is easy for me to get in and out. My truck has the split bench with power drivers seat. I see the 4 6 drop kits and they seem good from a realiability stand point versus air bags. The key measurement for me is the distance from the pavement to the seat bottom. Nothing else matters. Does anyone or could anyone that has done a 4 6 drop or an air bag setup tell me the final height of the seat and let me know the setup they went with. Lower is better for me. My stock seat height is about 35". Thanks in advance for the replies and info. I need all I can get.

Kspeed

·
Detailer & PC Tech
2,785 Posts
I'm guessing about 30" give or take, but there's a few on here with that setup so i'm sure they can find out for you.

·
1,847 Posts
I had a 4/7 on my '08 ext. cab and the seat was pretty low. I would say anywhere from 28"-31" but as said above somebody should get some measurements for you later today. :welcome:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Welcome Kevin.

I am in a similar situation. I just bought a 2001 ecsb nbs silverado.
Wife is in a chair,and I could use seat height measurements on a 2/4 and 4/6 drop on the nbs trucks.

What kind of chair do you use? Rigid, Folding, Power
How do you plan on getting the chair in the truck?

Here is a link to the lift we are going to be using.
http://www.bruno.com/pul-1100.html

·
Registered
222 Posts
i know when my dad got my brother's van ford gave him a $1,000 off the price. I think it depends on the state if you can get assistance or not.

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,477 Posts
Welcome Kevin.

I am in a similar situation. I just bought a 2001 ecsb nbs silverado.
Wife is in a chair,and I could use seat height measurements on a 2/4 and 4/6 drop on the nbs trucks.

What kind of chair do you use? Rigid, Folding, Power
How do you plan on getting the chair in the truck?

Here is a link to the lift we are going to be using.
http://www.bruno.com/pul-1100.html
ill get you a pic of mine its a 5/8 drop, my seats are pretty low i remember when i had a 2/4 drop with stocks, i still had to give it a little hop if u know what i mean.

·
Registered
70 Posts
ill get you a pic of mine its a 5/8 drop, my seats are pretty low i remember when i had a 2/4 drop with stocks, i still had to give it a little hop if u know what i mean.
Will you get me a measurement as well? If you have power seats measure at the lowest height please.

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,477 Posts
Will you get me a measurement as well? If you have power seats measure at the lowest height please.
Picture140.gif

Picture141.gif

its like about 25" since the orange measuring thing was on the floor. and my seat were powered all the way down.

tell me if you need some more ill get some more.

Kevin if i go to my uncles house today i can get some pics of his 2008 4/7 drop. im pretty sure alot of people here have some pics though..

·
Keep it Low.
615 Posts
Whats up Kevin I have a 4-7 drop, factory 20's and factory 275/55/20 tires,just went out and measured and the seat height from the ground is just a little over 33".

·
Registered
70 Posts
its like about 25" since the orange measuring thing was on the floor. and my seat were powered all the way down.

Kevin if i go to my uncles house today i can get some pics of his 2008 4/7 drop. im pretty sure alot of people here have some pics though..

Kevin if i go to my uncles house today i can get some pics of his 2008 4/7 drop. im pretty sure alot of people here have some pics though..[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I was planning on a 4/6 drop. Looks like it should put the read at a good height for the wife.
The seats in her car are about 24" at max height.

Here are two videos of the lift she has on her DD, 2008 Ford Fusion.
th_BraunChairTopper004.jpg

http://s721.photobucket.com/albums/ww217/bkbeal/?action=view&current=BraunChairTopper004.flv

th_BraunChairTopper005.jpg

http://s721.photobucket.com/albums/ww217/bkbeal/?action=view&current=BraunChairTopper005.flv

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I have a 2007 GMC Sierra Ext. Cab with a 4/7 DJM drop on 275/45/20 tires. It's between 31 and 32" from the pavement to the highest point of the driver's seat.

Hope this helps and welcome to the site.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts