GMC Truck Forum banner

221 - 240 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
i got a 2001 GMC sierra SLE , and i want to do a 4/6 drop on it, what would be my best option for lowering the front? i want whatever rides the absolute best, and will also alow me to align the front back to factory, no matter the cost, thank you!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Great sticky, anything we can do to get the links and info back? I'd like to lower my truck I'm stuck between 2/4 and 4/6. I have to retain my drivability and towing capability as I do haul a car trailer often and I use my truck for work. It's a 2007 NNBS crew cab if that matters. Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
The nnbs static is just as worthless. I spent a better part of a day going through all the pages and still haven't had my questions answer. There needs to be a more specific Stickys rather then all years tossed in one post when apparently they are all different

·
Needs more low
1,512 Posts
I found all of my answers in the static NNBS and then asked others thru PM the other stuff I needed to know when I dropped my truck awhile back :shrug: that thread was a tad smaller however lol

Check this out for the NNBS..it should answer questions..
http://cu stomgm.com/showthread.php?t=113

·
Registered
21 Posts
hey guys new to the whole low life, ive owned a prerunner for the past two years and i felt like switching it up. I have an 07 chevy silverado crew cab classic. i running 22s on 305 40 r22s. its stock height but looking for something to get rid of the stink bug stance of the rear. Will a 2" drop shackle do the trick to level it out or will it need more?

·
Registered
241 Posts
I want to do a 3/5 drop on my 08ccsb. Which components would be best to do this with? I don't care of its put together with different brands due to the fact that some are better than others.

·
Registered
47 Posts
can some one tell me how much im i expecting wit a flip kit on the back and the belltech drop struts in the front

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guy Newbie here looking for the best lowering kit A-arms vs Spindles. Only wanting to lower 2'' or even less if possible while retaining factory ride on 275/55/20's. I've heard Belltech spindles will stick out 1/2' or a lil more and definitely dont want that! Im working on a 04 reg cab silverado ls 5.3 fully bolted (cam,intake and heads next). I ordered belltech 3'' drop leafs for the rear as well as the rear sway bay and shocks. For some reason my truck cam with a unusually high rake ! So im planning on just a 3'' drop for the rear to level it (which is my main goal) but if its too much Im going to drop the front so i thought a little preplanning would be good! Thanks for any help provided !!

·
Registered
1 Posts
so im wanting to lower my truck its a 2002 gmc sierra ext cab, 5.3 with a 141,000 miles. looking at 2/4 drop cant decide if spindles is the way to go or coils. I run a 275 45 20 eight months of the year and 255 65 16 in winter. What are your suggestions

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a reg cab 2011 sierra v8 and im leaning towards the MCG 4/6 kit 34035 which is spindles, coil relocators, flip,shock ext, bump stops, rear hanger and notch. Anyone else have this? Any feedback or recommendations?

·
Registered
109 Posts
so im wanting to lower my truck its a 2002 gmc sierra ext cab, 5.3 with a 141,000 miles. looking at 2/4 drop cant decide if spindles is the way to go or coils. I run a 275 45 20 eight months of the year and 255 65 16 in winter. What are your suggestions
Just a heads up but I was able to get the belltech kit from autoanything.com for 283 shipped I just ordered the springs and rear hanger kit separate and it was a few bucks cheaper then the whole kit.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a 3x5 mcgaughys with bell tech rear shocks on 22's
And love it. Rides better than stock. Any lower you need
To cut the frame or the wheels will rub.
I don't want to mess with it now my wife sill drives it !

221 - 240 of 266 Posts