GMC Truck Forum banner

241 - 260 of 266 Posts

·
08' Sierra "Megatron"
6 Posts
I just used a 4/7 DJM Calmax kit on my 08 Sierra Reg Cab 2wd. It went on in a weekend in my buddies garage, and I got all of the inches advertised by DJM. The local tire shop was able to align it within specs as promised. I cut the bump stops off and am currently running no bump stops at all. If I used the ones with the kit, I would be hittin' them all the time. Right now I never hit the frame unless I have a few hundred pounds in the back, then its only on big bumps. I used Belltech shocks on the truck and it rides awesome (also helps bottoming out). I'm running 22" wheels with 265/40/22 tires. The sidewall is a little small, but doesn't look too thin. The benefit to that size tire is that I rarely rub. That only happens on the biggest of Michigan bumps. I'd recommend this setup to anyone who is looking for a bolt on drop.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Has anyone used mcgaughy 3180 struts to drop 2.5" with nothing else? I just got em today and when I spoke to a tech.. He said I could do the full 3" drop with just alignment needed.. The tech I spoke to today says for a full 3, spindles are also needed! Wtf!
Right now I have eibach 1.7" springs and as stated... Just want to add another inch. I also bought 2 degree alignment control arm bolts in case... Will this work?

Truck is an 09 crew 2wd btw

·
The Lowering Experts
1,670 Posts
Here is mine

Here is the list of components from Belltech we used to get the 5.5/8 drop.
2" Drop Spindles Part# 2511
2" Lowering Springs Part#12464
Camber Bushings & Cam Plates Part#4957
Lowering Struts Part#25003
Front 1 3/8" Diameter Sway Bar Part#5407
7" Flip Kit Part#6522
1" Shackle Part#6700
C-Notch Kit Part#6524

Airlift parts being used:
SlamAir Part#59209 (modded brackets to bolt up to Belltech notch)
WirelessONE Part#25870

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here is mine

Here is the list of components from Belltech we used to get the 5.5/8 drop.
2" Drop Spindles Part# 2511
2" Lowering Springs Part#12464
Camber Bushings & Cam Plates Part#4957
Lowering Struts Part#25003
Front 1 3/8" Diameter Sway Bar Part#5407
7" Flip Kit Part#6522
1" Shackle Part#6700
C-Notch Kit Part#6524

Airlift parts being used:
SlamAir Part#59209 (modded brackets to bolt up to Belltech notch)
WirelessONE Part#25870
How much did all that cost ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a question,I am new to the site so please be gentle, I have a 88 short bed that I just picked up, its been lowered already. not sure what brand kit. has springs and spindle up front. In the rear it has hangers and shackles. It has also been C notched. No flip kit though. It has a hard rake the rear is 3 in higher than the front. Finally the question at hand. If I go back to the OE shackle and the hanger then do a flip kit I would assume it would be leveled out ?:insane2: I am going for a level look. If that will work Does anyone have an oem set of shackles and hangers ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got my truck a few weeks ago and I am looking to upgrade the suspension here is what it looks like so far as is. It looks as though they just either added lowering springs up front or they cut them with stock control arms and spindles, and it is already notched in the rear with air shocks. my question is what kit do I go with for the front to accomplish the same ride highth. Thanks in advance.

shawn cell 11-2014 2610.jpg

shawn cell 11-2014 2613.jpg

shawn cell 11-2014 2611.jpg

shawn cell 11-2014 2609.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Whats better for a 4/6 drop on the back drop shocks or air shocks truck is boucing on back a lot with flip kit djm drop shocks.

·
nbs 2wd single cab
373 Posts
How about with weight? I put a little bit of weight of mines the other day and it was horrible going on bumps.
It's pretty solid, but I can't add much weight before I bottom out on my notch. I'm going to do a underbed notch soon, that will get me another 1.5" of travel.

They are solid shocks, I did a lot of research before I bought them, they were the overwhelming favorite by many.

241 - 260 of 266 Posts