GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an '04 Z-71 Silverado Ext. Cab S.B. I want to lower it about 2" in the front, 4" in back. It is a lease, so I'll have it for 3 years, and don't want to spend the money on drop spindles (plus I plan to run 16's in the winter and 20's in the summer, so I'm not sure which spindles to get). How much lower can I get if I take out (or cut) the front bumpstops and crank down the torsion bars?

I know it is a 4x4, I want to lower it because it is my truck and that is what I like.

·
Yes, I do...
4,065 Posts
all that work to be the height of a stock 2wd. No one besides you will even know that you are lowered. WTF is the point of that?
if you want to run 20's do 20's and a lift, look around for some pictures, There are some people doing some really nice things with 20's and offroad tires.

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
JoeJ said:
all that work to be the height of a stock 2wd. No one besides you will even know that you are lowered. WTF is the point of that?
if you want to run 20's do 20's and a lift, look around for some pictures, There are some people doing some really nice things with 20's and offroad tires.

Its a lease:read:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The reason I got a 4x4 is because winters around here suck. Plus the residual value differance on a lease made it work out to where the Z-71 was only $10.00 a month more. If I had purchased it I would probably lift it, but lift kits are hella expensive, so I'm just going to lower it in the cheapest way possible and drive it for 3 years. The only reason I'm going to customize it at all is because I'm getting a hell of a deal on some 20" tires and wheels that I just can't pass up. Every dollar I spend on this truck is a dollar that I can't spend on my bagged 94 Blazer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts