GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i currently have some djm 2" drop shackles on my silverado. but i have heard that djm is a shitty brand, should i take that in to consideration n replace them or ignore that n keep them??. i've had them for about 2 months now and havent had any issues. n if i were to replace them, what brand do yall recommend?? also, ive heard that ground force shackles are a bit taller n provide like a 2.5 drop. anyone else heard bout that??

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
shackles are shackles... youll be fine.

·
Vendor
2,493 Posts
lol its the same shit. hangers also same

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aint nothing wrong with them, its just that i was on the net looking around drop kits n a website (dont know wich one it was) had a forum talkin about djm's hanger n shackle kits n people were sayin that they are shit n have bad quality welds. i jus wouldnt want to experience somethin bad in the future. but like mentioned ^^ shackles r shackles!! just wanted to see what yall tought bout them.

·
Vendor
2,493 Posts
i hear a lot of bs on the net. If welds were bad and breaking you would hear about it a lot more and the part wouldnt be made. Ive sold so many djm kits here since i signed up and dont see anyone that bought from me saying they had probs

·
hotroddr32
245 Posts
I've had a couple of sets of djm shackles.No problems other than only getting 1.5" drop from a 2" shackle. I've heard also the ground force is longer, giving a little more drop. Not sure if there is any truth to it or not though.

·
I miss my donkey
219 Posts
I've had djm shackles on my 95 for a few months now. The only problem I had is that the drivers side sat lower and bottomed out bad, but I think that was caused by leaf spring or shock being worn out (one of the previous owners hauled a fifth wheel with it). Measured pass. side and drivers side and drivers was an inch lower, so just raised it up an inch and no more problems.

·
No Habla Jibber Jabber!
662 Posts
I am looknig to do the same thing to my 09 with shackles. Good to know about only a 1.5 drop instead of a 2. I have seen some 3" drop shackles and I am looking at getting them.
fyi the 3" kit for nnbs is still a 2" shackle but you also remove the 1" factory block on the leaf spring making it 3"

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
To the op, just leave em. They are fine.

To the dude trying to thread jack lol, you do a 2inch shackle and remove the factory lift block which is 1 1/4 inch. It makes for a good level look of the truck. I have it done to mine.

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,474 Posts
autozone also sells shackles, i havent heard anything from those either.

·
Registered
654 Posts
autozone also sells shackles, i havent heard anything from those either.
Yup $30 bucks a set. I just bought some a couple days ago but haven't had a chance to thrown them on yet. They look like a pretty good shackle though, but I heard they weren't a true 2" drop. I haven't measured them yet though, but I'll try to post some pics up later.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.