GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok we have our 99-07 classic stainless headers and Y back in stock.
We are going to do a GP on them for GMFS members. We are selling them for $499.95. But if we can get 15 people to get in on the GP we will sell them for $449.95.
So we just need 15 people to comment to the GP:)

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Sign me up I suppose

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
So if I bought the shorty headers what do I do with egr?
IIRC your 2006 doesnt have egr. The headers should come with a block off plate.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Still WAY cheaper at Speed Engineering.
Exactly what I bought. Got tired of waiting for LPP to get down to a reasonable price.

Although, apparently LPP headers are made slightly better. But who cares, they're under the damn truck.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
looks like speed engineering only has long tubes, i would like headers but dnw to re-do whole exhaust, would like to bolt on and have it work

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
looks like speed engineering only has long tubes, i would like headers but dnw to re-do whole exhaust, would like to bolt on and have it work
They should work, the only thing that would have to be changed possibly is the y pipe b/c of your lift.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
They should work, the only thing that would have to be changed possibly is the y pipe b/c of your lift.
It was well worth it. Do longtubes, mine bolted up to factory system

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
when you say it was worth it? what was worth it?

do you actually get that much more performance? or is it the sound?

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
when you say it was worth it? what was worth it?

do you actually get that much more performance? or is it the sound?
It was worth the price for the speed engineering headers I bought. The truck does sound mean but a little raspy sometimes. I'm gonna swap mufflers to help that part.

I'm sure I gained top end hp from the headers as well as low end torque from the tune. Plus, they look damn cool

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
and it bolted right up the the factory system? i dont want to mess with anything just bolt on and go

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
and it bolted right up the the factory system? i dont want to mess with anything just bolt on and go
Yep, bolted right up to my cat back system. The fitment wasnt 100% perfect due to china products, but with minor adjustments, they fit great

1 - 20 of 34 Posts