21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
so what do you do with the cats?
Theyre deleted. Sell them lol. That header kit replaces from the block back to the mid pipe.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
so you need a tune?

i dont want a christmas tree on my dash, also does the exhaust smell bad like when your behind some POS on the road?

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
so you need a tune?

i dont want a christmas tree on my dash, also does the exhaust smell bad like when your behind some POS on the road?
To get rid of check engine lights, and to use the full benefits of headers you will need a tune.

I doubt the exhaust would smell bad. Mine only smells like oil due to bad valve seals

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
ok thanks, is there any truth to not having enough back pressure to cause engine damage? i have a muffler but if i delete cats and go with a more free flowing exhaust i dont want to damage anything

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
ok thanks, is there any truth to not having enough back pressure to cause engine damage? i have a muffler but if i delete cats and go with a more free flowing exhaust i dont want to damage anything
I know of many people running this setup with nearly a straightpipe. You should be fine. Hell, start a thread in the engine section about china headers. I'm sure others will chime in

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
So another of my threads gets hijacked with someone trying to get someone to buy Speed engineering junk:( The copied our headers and Y and didn't do a very good job of it. I've seen so many post from people that have had tons of problem installing their version of our headers. But you can buy them if you want to take the chance.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
meet in the middle at $400 and maybe it would be worth it, but $100 price difference is quite a bit

·
The Canadian
3,242 Posts
So another of my threads gets hijacked with someone trying to get someone to buy Speed engineering junk:( The copied our headers and Y and didn't do a very good job of it. I've seen so many post from people that have had tons of problem installing their version of our headers. But you can buy them if you want to take the chance.
Do you LPP's fit without too much work to clear 4wd driveshaft?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hey Black2002ws6, I'm looking to buy a set of LPP headers for my truck, but they're out of stock on your website. Can you tell me when you'll have them back in stock? I'll pm you about this as well, the email on your website isn't working. Thanks

21 - 34 of 34 Posts