GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which would have the highest. power pontential for the least amount of cash? In a toss up for which platform to use. 6.0 would be bought used and have parts added. The lm7 would be built shortblock up. Both engines would have a comp 206/212 or 212/218 added along with full bolt ons. Ported \cced stock heads, and stock intake manifold would be kept on both.Also which would net better mpg? I know 6.0s are known to be thirsty. Will be in college in august and don't want to kill myself with gas.The engine would go into my 2000 ecsb z71, 295s, 3:73s, stock g80

Posted from Gmfullsize.com App for Android

·
Registered
10,976 Posts
U wanna build a race motor but are worried about mpgs and money? Save ur money till after college.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Knew I was gonna get that! It's only mild performance! My engine has 300,000 miles on it. Figured I wanted something ready to go when it decides to quit. Why not add performance/power to the new engine? The truck is my first vehicle and I plan to keep it for awhile. Just want to balance power with efficiency the best I can. Yes I know it's a truck but want something I can affordably dd but have fun in.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahhh if I only had the funds! Bet that 408 could roast some tires!

·
Registered
17 Posts
You can do it for way less than they're doing it on the show and still get over 400 hp. It's all about the bottom end to include a decent cam upgrade

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
I would go with the 6.0L. Cannot beat the torque of the 4" bore.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input guys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts