GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll,

Friend of mine has an 05 SSS and wants to cam it. Only drives it about 7000miles a year, but heard my truck and fell in love with it and the power it has over stock.

So he's in the market for a cam/stall and was wondering if ya'll could help me help him. I don't know much about the LQ9 for technical specs, so its hard for me to really give him the best suggestions.

It's basically a summer truck/toy...he takes it to the strip a couple times a year for street car nights but thats about it.

Wants a good choppy idle, and is hoping he can limp his trans for awhile...but knows its not super wise.

Im thinking something like a TR224 would be a good choice for him on a 112lsa, but im not to sure if that'd be too small for the 6.0 or not?

If ya'll could help me out so he can get his parts ordered, i'd appreciate it.

Dave

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Depends how big of a converter he is willing to run. That would be my first question to him before recommending a cam.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he's willing to run anything, but he acts like he's hoping he could run a stock converter in it for a couple of weeks or possibly a month or two. Not that it see's alot of miles, but he budgets everything out.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
I really like the specs of the TSP 228R cam. It's basically a split duration 228 cam on a 112 lsa. Something along those lines added with a ss3600 should make for a fun ride.

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
if he's willing to run any size stall, i'd go with a 3600 - 4000 stall and a cam in the low 23x/23x range with a 112lsa. spin that thing to 7K and see what she does. :shrug:

·
Registered
771 Posts
tsp 228r on a 112+4 with a 3600+converter.

i had the same combo with a 226r and it performed great with the stock converter and was pretty nasty with the 3600 converter. i ran a 12.49 with the combo before the heads.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
tsp 228r on a 112+4 with a 3600+converter.

i had the same combo with a 226r and it performed great with the stock converter and was pretty nasty with the 3600 converter. i ran a 12.49 with the combo before the heads.
Hey that's what I said:ninja:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts