GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
getting ready to swap a 430 hp ls3 crate engine into a 02 1500, need a truck intake, lsxrt or ported stock truck intake, can't lay my hands on stock intake

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
getting ready to swap a 430 hp ls3 crate engine into a 02 1500, need a truck intake, lsxrt or ported stock truck intake, can't lay my hands on stock intake
pics?

·
00silvy
3,679 Posts
hope you know all the work thats gonna be. reluctor wheel, wiring, etc. gen 4 motor in a gen 3 truck. so you're looking for an L92 intake manifold? what heads are you going to be running?

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
hope you know all the work thats gonna be. reluctor wheel, wiring, etc. gen 4 motor in a gen 3 truck. so you're looking for an L92 intake manifold? what heads are you going to be running?
Someone's actually thinking this through.

OP is probly 14

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yes extend knock sensors & cam sensor harness retap knock sensor in block replace cam gear, and reluctor wheel replace balancer
. this'll is a Chevy create engine ls3 430 HP 424 tq I believe it was used in the 08 vette pt # 19301326 I will also need fuel rails for intake. I will have ls3 vette intake, fuel rails, & drive by wire throttle body and vette oil pan available. I Have some one to reprogram computer on chassis dyno after completed
:throw:

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Why are you being so aggressive towards this guy? Believe it or not, some people actually mod things. Not everyone is a dreamer.
I suppose you're right.

In for pics though

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I regrettably turned down a cheap/low-milage LS6 out of a wrecked Z06. Friend ended up selling it for $1,200.

Looking forward to how this LS3 build turns out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes L 92 intake, I will need fuel rail also, most of the parts are fairly cheap ( except for the engine its self) does anybody know anything about the Texas speed shops headers? and Yes, I'm just past my 14th birthday (by about 44 years) have been building small block hot rods since I was about 15 WHOLE NEW WORLD WITH THE LS ENGINES way behind the learning curve lots of catching up to do

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Yes L 92 intake, I will need fuel rail also, most of the parts are fairly cheap ( except for the engine its self) does anybody know anything about the Texas speed shops headers? and Yes, I'm just past my 14th birthday (by about 44 years) have been building small block hot rods since I was about 15 WHOLE NEW WORLD WITH THE LS ENGINES way behind the learning curve lots of catching up to do
I do apologize for being rude. There have been new members come on here and ask tons of questions about goals they can't accomplish for truck they dont have.

Texas speed headers are made in China IIRC. Same ones I have on my truck. You may need a custom set of headers with that engine.

Once you go LS, you'll never go back.

·
4,725 Posts
excuse beckman, he's always around talking smack being a n00b

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I do apologize for being rude. There have been new members come on here and ask tons of questions about goals they can't accomplish for truck they dont have.

Texas speed headers are made in China IIRC. Same ones I have on my truck. You may need a custom set of headers with that engine.

Once you go LS, you'll never go back.
No problem, are they 1 3/4 or 1 7/8 primary tubes from what I gather the 1 7/8 work better. Don't plan on starting until spring, just starting to gather parts, getting engine from Street & Performance, new trans from TCI

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
Why are you being so aggressive towards this guy? Believe it or not, some people actually mod things. Not everyone is a dreamer.
i remember the last guy who had a dream...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts