GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.first time posting every.i had put a 5.3 vortex from a oo Silverado into my 03 dakota.yes I know.i know. A dodge.anyways.before I took the motor out it was running good.after I swap trucks.it hasn't ran..I change cam,crank, sensor.i have put noild light.nothing. .no spark, the coil is getting both grounds. But no signal..there's no code showing..all I did was take motor an tranny an put it in other truck.put wire harness in put pcm an hook it up.please I am going crazy a broke.i need to get this running so I can get back to work.any suggestions.please keep your negative comment to yourself.i can't take anymore bs

·
Registered
82 Posts
There isn't any magic bullet for your train wreck (putting part of a very interlinked computer controlled engine/transmission in a truck from a different manufacturer).

I would suggest subscribing to the full-service manual for the donor silverado, and go through the diagnostic processes in it for getting spark and the injectors working. I wouldn't surprise me if you need to get the odbii port working and something like a knockoff tech ii to help figure out what's going wrong.

·
Some dude on the internet
998 Posts
lt1swap.com and study the wiring diagrams and charts. Go over them all, you probably just missed something. Also, you need to have the VATS deleted from the pcm or it won't run.

·
Registered
256 Posts
lmao I already told him about the VATS on gm-trucks

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well, this kind of swap isn't exactly the smartest thing to do, when it's your DD that you need to go to work...

Now the O.P. is forum-shopping for a magic bullet fix.

·
Registered
256 Posts
He said it was his late father's truck project

·
Registered
82 Posts
where? I don't recall the O.P. ever indicating that it was his dad's truck project. The first post is (IIRC) pretty much a copy of his other thread, and it seems to be his DD. This kind of swap, with limited funds, limited knowledge of what needs to be done, and needing the vehicle right away for work, was perhaps not the wisest decision...

·
Registered
256 Posts
He said it on the other forum lol it was after I told him to stop smoking crack

·
Registered
82 Posts
ok... It probably would be a good project to do, just not a good idea for a vehicle you need working right away for your job.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone.first time posting every.i had put a 5.3 vortex from a oo Silverado into my 03 dakota.yes I know.i know. A dodge.anyways.before I took the motor out it was running good.after I swap trucks.it hasn't ran..I change cam,crank, sensor.i have put noild light.nothing. .no spark, the coil is getting both grounds. But no signal..there's no code showing..all I did was take motor an tranny an put it in other truck.put wire harness in put pcm an hook it up.please I am going crazy a broke.i need to get this running so I can get back to work.any suggestions.please keep your negative comment to yourself.i can't take anymore bs
So you are going to build a stand alone harness. You will need to test each lead and connect per the trace. Google "stand alone harness" for the 2000 Truck you also need to realize Chevy has a primary and secondary ignition circut and both need to be connected. If you have an Auto Trans you can fry the senolids if you wire it wrong. You will need to trace every wire going to the PCM and ECM to make sure they are terminated properly. Please stop swapping parts. If it ran before the swap that's not it and you are wasting money and about 30% of after market parts are crap and fail out of the box.

Welcome to world of custom wiring. If you don't have an Ohm meter you will need one and learn how to use it.

Get the wiring diagram for the 2000 Truck. start testing. Wish you luck!

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,722 Posts
This place never disappoints.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
So you are going to build a stand alone harness. You will need to test each lead and connect per the trace. Google "stand alone harness" for the 2000 Truck you also need to realize Chevy has a primary and secondary ignition circut and both need to be connected. If you have an Auto Trans you can fry the senolids if you wire it wrong. You will need to trace every wire going to the PCM and ECM to make sure they are terminated properly. Please stop swapping parts. If it ran before the swap that's not it and you are wasting money and about 30% of after market parts are crap and fail out of the box.

Welcome to world of custom wiring. If you don't have an Ohm meter you will need one and learn how to use it.

Get the wiring diagram for the 2000 Truck. start testing. Wish you luck!
I made my first at 16 with nothing but butt splices. Pinks be 12v key on powers, orange is constant hot, black is ground. Super easy

It’s 2021 provided some knowledge or get get better at your job.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts