GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive been helping a guy the side with his 07 'Vette. well we have switched his cam, intake, brakes, and body panels.

he offered to give me his stock port and polished intake his stock cam and his stock throttle body. will any of it work and is it worth the switch?

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
so ive been helping a guy the side with his 07 'Vette. well we have switched his cam, intake, brakes, and body panels.

he offered to give me his stock port and polished intake his stock cam and his stock throttle body. will any of it work and is it worth the switch?
His port and polished intake? Care to explain that one?

Don't bother with any of it though in short. Just take it and sell it all.

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
His port and polished intake? Care to explain that one?

Don't bother with any of it though in short. Just take it and sell it all.
I polish all of my plastic parts. :imo

Ive seen a few people port them but not many.

And word, theres no point in using any of that stuff, sell it.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know the intake is plastic but I didn't know if it had metal runners in it. So it will work? Just not worth the trouble?

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
I know the intake is plastic but I didn't know if it had metal runners in it. So it will work? Just not worth the trouble?
No its all plastic. It will "work" But you need a bunch of other stuff. Youd have a few hundred into other parts just to be able to put that intake on.

is the ls2 cam simialar to the ls6 cam?
Yea it is the same as a later LS6 cam, EXCEPT it has no ring for a cam sensor, so youd have to extend the wires and put an LS2 timing cover, cam gear and cam sensor on the truck.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
throttle body?
Won't work without the intake manifold. Even if you did run the intake manifold, you'd have to get a converter box to make that TB work. IIRC, the throttle actuator is different from the trucks to the Vette's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts