GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a C6 Intake Manifold Cheap..almost free. Would this fit on my 4.8 Tahoe (2003). I've searched around and think it may, but not 100% sure. I'm also thinking about upgrading to a vette TB and fuel rails. Will this work? Or is there something else better to do? I'd like to beef up the motor in general without going radical on it. So far I have a CAI and Flowmaster and looking at Long Tubes in the near future.

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
nah....

just stuff a cam in that little girl! and open her up with some long tubes with 1 5/8" primaries. then get a loose converter so you can wind her up and really make her scream.

mine's going under the knife in just a couple of weeks, stoked!

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
a 4.8L and a Tahoe is just begging for forced induction like a belt-driven supercharger for some torque down low to get that guy moving.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Just swap the 4.8 for a 6L, unless you're planning to drop $7-9k the Tahoe isn't going to haulass.

·
Registered
151 Posts
if you want to run sell the vette stuff and and throw you a super charger on there. there is a guy that goes to my local 1/8 mile track with a super charged 4.8 5spd and he runs 7.9s 7.8s when he hooks.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Just swap the 4.8 for a 6L, unless you're planning to drop $7-9k the Tahoe isn't going to haulass.
:shake:
yup! WAY cheaper to judt stick a pullout lq4 in and have it tuned and you'll get about the same results as you would for dumping way too much $$$ into a 4.8

1 - 9 of 9 Posts