Alright so I have a 00' 1500, what I have done so far,

6'' suspention lift
35" mt Baja claw
ls1 swap with 5.3 heads, cat delete
pacesetter stainless steal headers
stage 3 rebuild kit in the 4l60e
thunder racing cam 230/224 .5xx/.5xx on a 113

what else I plan to put in it

ls6 heads decked 0.020" with 0.051" head gasket to keep the cr 11.25.1, ported and polished
ls6 intake
4.11 gears

pic and progress to come.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I bet it moves pretty well
may I suggest atleast 4.56 gears and a stall.
both of those would really wake that truck up
get some pics!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea she is pretty quick,30-60 is the sweet spot where you really feel it pull, but the reason I don't want 4.56 because I still drive down the highway a lot, this truck is still my dd, I'm just hopping the cv shafts stay together. Also I'm kinda new to forums so I don't know how to post pics just yet

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I have 5.38s and 36"s and live out of town so I drive on the highway, my wife has 35"s and 4.56s on her Tahoe and daily drives it no problem.
that gearing will bring you pretty close to stock gearing but really wake up the truck from what it is now.
with gears and a stall your truck will pull a lot harder off idle to 60+
I daily drove with everything in my signature but the cam was a 230-238 604 604 113 with no problems. its really all in the tune man

·
4,725 Posts
Sounds like a cool build. I'd also highly recommend a 4.56 gear for those tires to be back to a stockish ratio... maybe even 4.88. Instead of the LS6 intake, i'd look more at the Edelbrock, FAST LSXRT, maybe the MSD, or the vararam also.... even a FAST 90 or 92.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I agree on the intake
defanitly better intakes for our trucks, you will lose bottom end torque with that LS6 intake
a NNBS/TBSS intake would be a good upgrade from your stock one but all the others posted by dirty would be an even better upgrade

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would do a fast intake but I dont, I'm trying not to spend a crazy amount. I wanna start working on my 74 nova. I don't know gears all that much, that's why I went with 4.11, wile I'm driving down the highway my truck wants to shift down all the time. Once I save up some more money I will eventualy get a fast intake. Also how do I post pictures??

·
Typical Smart-Ass
1,147 Posts
If you are going to spend the money on gears, don't get 4.11's.. you'll regret it. I'd second the 4.56 or 4.88 recommendation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well fuck, I bought them a year ago, havnt put them In yet but I guess I could sell them and get 4.56's

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I would do a fast intake but I dont, I'm trying not to spend a crazy amount. I wanna start working on my 74 nova. I don't know gears all that much, that's why I went with 4.11, wile I'm driving down the highway my truck wants to shift down all the time. Once I save up some more money I will eventualy get a fast intake. Also how do I post pictures??
the reason your truck down shifts is cause of wrong gearing, sell the 4.11s and get some 4.56 or 4.88s. you will be much happier with them.
if you don't have money for a fast intake then look for a used nnbs intake setup, it is a worth while gain over your factory intake.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
x5 on the 4:56's ull be alot happyer. x3 on the tbss/nnbs intake swap. Bout the best bang for the buck intake for our trucks, A stall will wake it up a grip fill like u put heads and a cam in it all over again.

only people with big ass green trucks on JUICE run FAST intake anywhays... haha

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
hahaha, I had my stock intake then swapped to a TBSS intake and it was a noticeable gain forsure, when I swapped to the fast intake it was a even bigger gain but I would still like to go to a holley mid or hi rise.
if you are on a budget then a NNBS intake is money well spent IMO
not all of us can afford to go turbo:crazy:

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
LS6 intake wont even work with truck accessories, correct?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts