GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello-
I am new to this forum, and am building an LSA Escalade setup. I am sure there are some on here but I am still trying to navigate. I have a few questions regarding the setup though- and I figured some of you guys have been down this road.
What I ordered from BoostDistrict:
The LSA kit with
  • Lower LSA supercharger
  • Supercharger Snout
  • Solid Isolator
  • Bypass Valve
  • ZL1 SUPERCHARGER LID*
  • OEM LSA fuel rails*
  • Upgraded Heat exchanger
  • Heat Exchanger pump
  • Truck BELT DRIVE ADAPTER KIT
  • 1/2" HEAD ADAPTER KIT (FROM SQUARE PORT TO STOCK CATHEDRAL HEADS)
  • 850cc injectors
I plan to run E85, and about 8lbs of Boost.
What are you guys using for fuel pumps? I know my current stock pump is E85, so flows more than the gas setup, but I am pretty sure I need more fuel than it can deliver. And if you are using higher flow tank pumps is that adjustable through tuning? I’m not new to building go fast toys, but this setup is new to me. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,148 Posts
The fuel is regulated at the regulator. A better fuel pump is going to supply more to the regulator so that it can maintain that pressure when you have higher fuel demands. It's not a variable pump. Regulators just bleed off the excess. Upgrade your stock pump. Yes the e85 flows more but depending on the injectors and your fuel needs you are going to be right at the edge. It may be enough for a super short time at high rpms but you don't want to get up with under fueling.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you- Yea I figured I would upgrade the pump. What flow do you think I may need? I thought the factory one would be close but Not enough to sustain the fuel. Any tips are welcome as far as regulator/setup and such

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Call boost district tech support, they should be able to make recommendations based on what they've set up for clients in the past. From what I've heard they are helpful

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
What year Escalade?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
Welcome to boost.
What engine are you using?
I used my stock 5.3 for years till the rings gave up. I am about to drop in a built LY6.
And
And

I do recommend LSX innovations for the belt tensioner.

If at all possible avoid the head adapters, they do work but a set of square port heads will save some headaches and cold engine tuning issues.

What year is your SUV?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for the late response- sick kids and busy work week.
Anyhow, I have a 2013 Escalade.
I haven’t gotten much response from BD, but I’m sure they’re busy. He did say a single 450 would be sufficient, but if I am going to have to run new wiring anyway, maybe the hellcat 525 would be a better option? I had also considered running two pumps and a Hobbs switch for the second. There are several options of course, so I’m kind of not sure what to do. I would like to retain the remote start if possible, I live in Indiana and that’s a nice benefit to have. Is the only way to do that my keeping the FPCM in use?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Single 450 should be good with e85 but ask a tuner 1st. For the wiring, get a fuel pump harness from a junk yard, pull it your self. Take it apart to add the heavier wire. This makes the job tons easier and cleaner.
Yes you will need your stock emc to keep remote start.

If you have any inclination for even more power add the bigger pump.
I am still using my stock e85 file pump looking for 600+ HP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts