GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Resto-Mod on a 82' Kawasaki

I thought I would make a build thread on this since I am getting some progress done already.

Specs:

1982 Kawasaki 440LTD
15K miles
All original

What I did so far:

New Seat Cover
Tune Up
Rebuilt Carbs
Removed Saddle Bags

Whats to come:

Flat Bars
New Paint on tanks, plastic and Frame
New Tires
Smaller Mirrors
Smaller Signals
Relocated Tail Light
Relocated Battery
Straight Pipe Exhaust or a Slip On exhaust setup

When I first got it

New Seat Cover

No more Saddle Bags

·
GMFS Senior Member
4,031 Posts
Should have gone with a cafe style seat, but still looks good. Some beach bars would flow better than flatties, imo.

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually bought something for the bike. Sealed Beam HID Kit and this week will be buying some tires. Since it's nice now, seems like it's going to be torn apart. Nasty noise coming from the engine while giving it the first ride of the year last week.

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What I did so far....

Sectioned the stock rear signals. Brought them in closer to the bike. Some smaller LED's will be on soon. I was just bored and this was quick.

Mock up compared to stock

Done

Removed the rear pegs and rear chrome bar

Random pictures of how it sits now

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bars come in tomorrow. Pictures tp follow. I will be moving my front signals on the headlight bracket. Or picking up some small Ninja ones. Until I find out what to do with my mirrors. The stockers won't be going back on the new bars.

·
#NBHNC
2,828 Posts
keep it up bro!

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Progress is coming along. Found some sick front LED signals I'm going to order along with a LED Tail light. Been shopping for some tires, not sure which to get though. Once I get the bars mounted I'll figure out what I want to do with mirrors and front signals.

LED Signals

Tail Light, which I'll remove the rear fender, use some 14G scrap sheet metal and make a small curved lip/fender to mount it to.

What it looks like without any mirrors and my other 2-wheeler:crazy:

Next week or two I will have the rims powdercoated black, straight piped, new tires, signals installed, tail light, tires. Then enjoy the riding season.

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bars showed up. Made my day at work alot better.

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got somewhere last night. Installed the new bars, still need to re-mount the stock front signals or just go ahead and pick up the LED ones. And started to do some thinking about a headlight.

Sorry for the shitty pictures. Taken with my Blackberry.

Test Fitting

On, lights just hangin

I have these Hella Projector Foglights. Halogen H1 or H3 Bulb, dont recall.

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quick walk around and flicker of the projector

[yt]8gsrRasVSCQ&[/yt]

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Eh, it's something to keep me busy. And it's a cheap project.

·
DisgruntleD
3,821 Posts
I've been hunting for a uber cheap project like that for two years now, and I haven't been able to find anything worth salvaging, or that's in my low price range.

Someone else had a thread a while ago that he was getting cheap bikes and chopping them on the cheap and turning them around and making some money on them, can't remember who it was though.

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've been trying to find a source for years. They actually came off of a Bluebird LTC40 Motor Coach here at work. Had front end damage that we repaired and the body guys never put them back on. Had them in a box, so I took them. That was 4 years ago.

Installed them on the Jeep once, then I opened my gate to my land and it hit the light and broke off the small mounting tab. It has some numbers on it but nothing comes up or can find anything close to it.

If I don't end up using them, I may just throw them up for sale if your interested

·
AAAAHHHH
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Around 4" maybe. I'll measure it when I get home and let you know. They are kind of long too.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts