GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
GPS Guru
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I talked to a guy with a truck just like mine only stepside, and red. :anitoof: Running a 4" Trailmaster, 3" body, and 38x15.50-16 SSR's! And then seeing this truck running a 6" CST, 3" body is making me think I can clear them again...

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I dont see that trailmaster clearing 38" SSR's and still being drivable, and no major hacking going on... On FSC there was a member witht he superlift, ford keys cranked like all the way and he barely fit them and took them off becuase of rubbing issues...

But if you dont mind to cut your truck up and crank the bars all the way up then I say you can fit whatever you want... :bowtie:

·
GPS Guru
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He claims they only rub at full lock, but he had both ends of his front fenders trimmed, but he did it pretty clean, it looks normal unless you're looking hard at it.

·
GPS Guru
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sevenfold said:
Pardon my ignorance but I do not see the point of running tires so big that your truck will be completely worthless offroad. I do not see what is wrong with your current setup.
I'm not totally disagreeing with you here, but my 'offroad' is alot different than yours. My offroading is completely flat, foot, foot and a half deep gumbo mud. The only time I'm flexed out is crossing the drainage ditch to get into the field. :anitoof: My current setup is alright, but it just doesn't look right with 35" (actually 33.5 or so heh) All Terrains. :bawl:

·
GPS Guru
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
36x14.phiddy PJ's are also circling through my head. If I could ever find those Maxxis tires, they make a 37x14.50. That'd be perfect...

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I agree with the 37-14.50 would work alot better then the 38-15.50... My buddy ran a set of 37-12.50 SSR's on 10" rims and has a replacement on the front and rubs just a bit, he now runs my old 37-12.50 PJ's and doesnt rub at all since they are a little smaller then the SSR... He isnt cranked up all the way and has stock keys, he also has a v-6 and maybe that helps with the front end not being so heavy... He runs the rancho+ body lift...

·
GPS Guru
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is that the one that used to have boggers? What size were they? 35-16-16's? Those things looked BAD! If I could get decent mileage outta them I'd be all over 'em...

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
How about you just get some baja claws or something agressive in 35's or 36's? It will look alot better. I personally hate the stuffed look.

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
I was considering going 38 but its just not worth it offroad, with the 6 + 3 i could make my 315's rub...

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
He is going to run the 38's on 10" if he does it... My old PJ's are wearing like iron on his truck... They have very little wear on them and have been on the road for over a year... I would consider them again if I got a set that rode better...

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
wht about xterrains? new 37x13.50. spendy but probably just the right size? or 37x12.50 anything, or the new radial iroks when they come out, or did they already?

·
2,451 Posts
I thought bigcountry said he never had them rub his fenders. he took them off because his truck rode like a brick and he didnt want his little girl bouncin around just so he could look cool.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Dont do it. I was going to then reality hit me. I am tearing my IFS up with 35s, want to know what 38s will do to it? The half tons just cant run that big of a tire without tearing parts apart. Not if you do any wheeling at least. Stick with a 36x14.50 or 37x13.50 or so, you wont regret it.

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
snigbertese said:
I thought bigcountry said he never had them rub his fenders. he took them off because his truck rode like a brick and he didnt want his little girl bouncin around just so he could look cool.
He was rubbing his t bars too

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
I don't know why you would want to stuff tires. Do you like the look or u just want that little bit of gain in the lift? If you want the lift go with a 4.5 body lift. It doesn't look bad on NBS trucks...on OBS :puke:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts