GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, im having an issue with my truck, im thinkin its the fuel pump but i wanna se what you guys think. the past two times i have gone to a show out of town on the way home my truck has been bogging bad. getting close to my house last time i couldnt even get up to 70 on flat ground. it would feel ok then once you give it a little more throtle it just fell on its face. the wield part is around town it drives fine, its just on long trips its doin this, i just dont want to end up stranded with my show truck on the side of the highway. you guys think this is the fuel pump right? and does anyone make one better for mild performance mods like cams and exhaust? motor is stock with a tune right now but i plan on adding a hot cam soon, or something else but mild as well.

thanks a ton guys/gals

·
SC 6.0
588 Posts
I'd start checking for fuel pressure to make sure that's your issue. You can also check your spark plugs and cables, just to make sure you don't have an issue with that.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked it a couple months ago and I remember it was in the low point of the operating range we need. Everytime it does it I'm comin home from 250+ miles away so when I get home I'm pooped and I don't have a fuel pressure guage at the house either. The sender has given me problems for the 1 1/2 years I've owned the truck so if I'm ready to replace it anyways. It will either register the fuel ammont or it will drop to zero fuel. One of my buddys said that's what lots do before they go out but that was right when I got it also. Thanks for your help too

1 - 3 of 3 Posts