GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
2001 GMC Sierra
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well nothing special but i think it looks pretty cool. i had my roommates dad bring me home some shyt from work and broke it over, ground it down some to take off all the sharp edges and this is what i ended up with.

DSC006421.jpg

DSC006431.jpg

DSC006441.jpg

·
2001 GMC Sierra
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im going to mount it tomorrow on the floor in front of my console, ill take a couple more pics once i get it in and post em.

·
The Barber Shop
3,110 Posts
Different. Damn that is a tall bracket for a CB radio.

·
2001 GMC Sierra
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got it installed. Had to cut the end off of the coax to drill a hole and put a rubber grommet under the back seat to run the coax under the carpet (not fun), and then ran the power straight to the battery. But looks good i think.

DSC00650.jpg

DSC00651.jpg

DSC00652.jpg

DSC00653.jpg

DSC00654.jpg

DSC00655.jpg

·
2001 GMC Sierra
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Different. Damn that is a tall bracket for a CB radio.
i made it tall enough so that it will mount to the floor and have a decent angle to it, also it gives me a lil room to possibly mount my external speaker under it also on that bracket.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
My bracket is similar to that but I don't have cup holders and mine is slid back with the CB angled up on the console.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
i bought a bracket kinda like that for mine that mounts in the same place and my external speaker fits perfectly under it. i will try and post a pic tomorrow. but it will look good mounted there.

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
Damn thats an old radio.

·
2001 GMC Sierra
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
yea it is but still works pretty good, prolly best one ive had and u cant beat the price...free.

Huh?:think:
Nothing wrong with that. I still have an old Johnson 23 channel base station at home that uses tubes.

·
2001 GMC Sierra
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice fab work. Works well there.
thanks, better than paying for one!

Nothing wrong with that. I still have an old Johnson 23 channel base station at home that uses tubes.
yea that is pretty old lol, but some of the real old ones work better than newer

·
2001 GMC Sierra
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i bought a bracket kinda like that for mine that mounts in the same place and my external speaker fits perfectly under it. i will try and post a pic tomorrow. but it will look good mounted there.
did you ever get a chance to take a pic?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts