GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Auto parts stores sell MAF sensor cleaner. Take the MAF off and unplug it. Spray it down, on the inside, with plenty of the stuff. Let dry and reinstall.
CRCMAFCleaner.jpg

·
Registered
319 Posts
Also...could just use non-residual electrical contact cleaner. Use the cheaper of the two.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You could also fill a large ziplock bag with some good rubbing alcohol and put the whole sensor in it and swish it around. I've done this many times with excellent results!

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,542 Posts
You could also fill a large ziplock bag with some good rubbing alcohol and put the whole sensor in it and swish it around. I've done this many times with excellent results!
Do not do this. :jester:

Jesus, just buy a can of MAF cleaner. It's like 5 bucks and one can will last like 100,000 miles. You only need a few short bursts every 5-10K

·
Registered
57 Posts
Do not do this. :jester:

Jesus, just buy a can of MAF cleaner. It's like 5 bucks and one can will last like 100,000 miles. You only need a few short bursts every 5-10K
What's wrong with this method?:biggun: It's perfect for people who have MAF screens! It makes the screen and sensor look new and rubbing alcohol doesn't hurt electronics one bit!

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
What's wrong with this method?:biggun: It's perfect for people who have MAF screens! It makes the screen and sensor look new and rubbing alcohol doesn't hurt electronics one bit!
but your taking the whole thing and dipping it in that shit. You could ruin the electronic plug part. :ninja::biggun:

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,542 Posts
Guys, if you're cool with dumping a $200+ piece of sensitive electronics into a ziplock bag full of rubbing alcohol, by all means, knock yourselves out.

Remember, rubbing alcohol is 70% isopropyl, 30% WATER.

So, make sure you go out and pick up 100% Isopropyl if you're going to do this.

OH, and while your out shopping, put down the alcohol and pick up MAF CLEANER :jester:

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Guys, if you're cool with dumping a $200+ piece of sensitive electronics into a ziplock bag full of rubbing alcohol, by all means, knock yourselves out.

Remember, rubbing alcohol is 70% isopropyl, 30% WATER.

So, make sure you go out and pick up 100% Isopropyl if you're going to do this.

OH, and while your out shopping, put down the alcohol and pick up MAF CLEANER :jester:
How often should you clean the maf? I just cleaned my intake last night and I have 22,000 miles on my truck.

·
No Habla Jibber Jabber!
664 Posts
just did mine last oil change for the first time ever it wasnt really too dirty.my tb on the other hand was nasty its nice and clean now.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts

I hope your post was a joke....But at this point I'm thinking you're serious.

·
pro grade member
2,264 Posts
def get the maf cleaner. i use it all the time it works great and as denaliano said its like $5.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts