GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SC 6.0
588 Posts
I can measure the muffler on the catback I have in my garage. It's a dual rear exit though. I'm sure they use the same muffler. It's also for sale if you are intrested.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can measure the muffler on the catback I have in my garage. It's a dual rear exit though. I'm sure they use the same muffler. It's also for sale if you are intrested.
id appreciate that...thanks for the offer but im lookin for single outlet and shipping from cali would prolly kill me

·
Registered
807 Posts
ive tried looking but no luck...does anyone know what muffler is on the catback? most say to buy the 14" muffler and i was curious what size came on it. this is the kit im talking about http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=Trucks&id=120
you want an exhaust like that?!? its nice but its 650 bucks and im going to assume thats not shipping included. just buy a magnaflow magnapack for
65 bucks(shipping included) and put a turndown right after the muffler...i just did this on my buddys 5.3l about a month ago and he couldnt be happier with the sound and for 70 bucks with a clamp and turndown(if you dont have a welder):imo

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you want an exhaust like that?!? its nice but its 650 bucks and im going to assume thats not shipping included. just buy a magnaflow magnapack for
65 bucks(shipping included) and put a turndown right after the muffler...i just did this on my buddys 5.3l about a month ago and he couldnt be happier with the sound and for 70 bucks with a clamp and turndown(if you dont have a welder):imo
yeah i do..Dub Silverado sells it for 445 shipped...its stainless thats why its expensive...all my vehicles have had "the buy a muffler and weld it on" type system and this time im buying a system. i dont want it super loud and crazy drone so im not going to dump it. i like the look of a nice stainless tip. you get what you pay for IMO

·
Registered
807 Posts
yeah i do..Dub Silverado sells it for 445 shipped...its stainless thats why its expensive...all my vehicles have had "the buy a muffler and weld it on" type system and this time im buying a system. i dont want it super loud and crazy drone so im not going to dump it. i like the look of a nice stainless tip. you get what you pay for IMO
"loud and crazy"...magnapacks are pretty quiet. and they sound great, also with NO drone even dumped. or with a stainless tip for your matter. its your money but :imo your paying for the name...you could probly buy a muffler, pipe, and a "nice stainless tip" for $150 if you got everything together on your own and it would be the same thing:nono:.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts