GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have two of these now and need to decide which to install. lol

I have a 5x8x18 and a 5x8x14 also.

How much louder will the 14" case be over the 18" case? Both should be pretty quiet at cruise correct?

I've just got to be rid of this Flowmaster. :anitoof:

·
ExhaustSoundzSeniorMember
1,137 Posts
i have the 5x8x14 on my dodge, i had a flowmaster original 40 on my GMC, both w/ similar setups ie turn downs, and IMO the Magnaflow is quieter at idle, but can get to be almost as loud as the flow upon acceleration. Id say go for the 18, so it wont be too bad, but still very noticeable.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hrm... I think I'm going to knock back a few beers then flip a coin to help me decide. lol

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
Magnas AINT LOUD ENOUGH!!! Keep you beloved Flows and HACK THE CATS you vagina!! :head: :pissed:

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL, well I do have a DI/DO I should put to use... and I'd like to toss my cats... :secret:

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
02denali said:
throw in a cam-ditch the cats-put on the big magna. now flip that coin and let it ride. :crazy:

Well I have that 218/222 but really want a TR220 cam lol But that 218/222 would work better with my manifolds I have currently too.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
i have the 18... i like it.. but sometimes i wish it was louder.... the more i drive it though, the better it sounds...

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
02denali said:
throw in a cam-ditch the cats-put on the big magna. now flip that coin and let it ride. :crazy:
There ya go. Cam it and get that stall in there!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Magnaflows. I had the Flowmaster 40's and 80's installed and both create terrible resonance in the ECSB. Talked with the muffller shop, and the guy says that the Magnaflows will be baffled enough to avoid the resonance. Find out here in the next day or so. I shouldn't have tried the Flows. I had Magnaflow in my 99 RCSB and it sounded good, but I was all for performance back then. Now that I have the EC, no need to try and push the bigger truck. Your call :think:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts