GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bowhunter
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on the "other" forum, but thought I'd post here, too. I had this done yesterday. It's a 14" single-in, dual-out Magnaflow. It's routed to exit just forward of the rear tires, in line with the step bars. I love the sound and look:

DSCF0076.jpg

DSCF0069.jpg

DSCF0072.jpg

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
looks sweet, although when it exits there i like it better when it comes out both sides

·
Bowhunter
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup....I just wanted to be a little different. Kind of copied JB's truck, as well as the Ford Lightning. :D

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Cool deal! :D

·
[>
3,255 Posts
:waytogo: I like that! That looks real nice!
So does it exit like that on the other side also? I would like to see how they ran it if you have a picture of that.

Post some more pictures of your truck sometime.. I dont think I have ever seen it.. Looks nice from those pics :head:

·
professional smartass
5,589 Posts
thats cool looking i like it usually dont like side exit i will still do mine out the back so it looks and sounds like 2 cannnons when someone is behind me though (i like to piss ppl off) but non the less koo

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I like!

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
Badassilverado said:
I just had a Magnaflow installed a few weeks ago, no interior resonance at all :head: Only loud if you get on it. Never thought about routing thet tips that way, that looks good!
Jeff, what size muffler did you get?:imo
The reason I asked about resonance is because Jeff had a magna before his Corsa, and he said around 1800-2000 rpm it resonated(droned) like crazy.... so I was wondering if it does :anitoof:

·
Bowhunter
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just got back from driving it 300 miles on the highway. I can now say there isn't any interior resonance with this set-up. You can hear the sound while cruising, but it isn't that annoying sound you sometimes get.

This set-up (14") is pretty loud. The larger Magnaflows (18" or 24") would likely be better for most people. I love it, though. It's not too loud when driving "normally", but you do turn some heads when you nail it. :D

My set-up only exits on the side you see. I did not want to run it out both sides. I'm sure it could be done, though, and would look good. :head:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Moc what size is that? Is that 3" in 2 1/2" out? How much did that set you back?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts