GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 14" Magnaflow muffler for my 01 Yukon. I haven't installed it yet. I plan on using the factory pipes w/ the new muffler and tip. I am having second thoughts on the 14" maybe being too loud or having too much drone in the cab. Should I send it back and get the 18"? Buddy of mine has the 14" on a Silverado and it sounds good. I don't know if there would be a difference in sound between the Yukon and Silverado?

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
i have the 18" and there isnt drone at all ... i kinda wish i got the 14" afterall.. i think you'll be happy the 14". welcome to GMFS, and i see your in AZ.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
onyx said:
i have the 18" and there isnt drone at all ... i kinda wish i got the 14" afterall.. i think you'll be happy the 14". welcome to GMFS, and i see your in AZ.

That's right, AZ in the house :rocking: Another question.....I am using the factory pipes. They are a single into the factory muffler and a Y pipe out. The 14" muffler is a single in and single out.....What do I need to do to make this work? :think:

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
umm... what do you mean? its comes from the exhaust manifolds into a y pipe, which is single in. then a single coming out. what year truck do you have?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
01yukon said:
I just bought a 14" Magnaflow muffler for my 01 Yukon. I haven't installed it yet. I plan on using the factory pipes w/ the new muffler and tip. I am having second thoughts on the 14" maybe being too loud or having too much drone in the cab. Should I send it back and get the 18"? Buddy of mine has the 14" on a Silverado and it sounds good. I don't know if there would be a difference in sound between the Yukon and Silverado?

No, it's bad. Box it up and mail it to me. ;) lol

You do have the potential for more resonation as you have a large enclosed area unlike a truck does in that area. It's a craps shot for now as to how it's going to sound on your truck. Run it and see.

If it's too loud, I'm pulling off a 5x11x22 3" in/dual 2.5" out from my F150 here for a smaller Magnaflow if you're interested probably around the first week of October.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My yukon is an 01. Comming out of the factory muffler it is a dual (y pipe) that goes back to a single before it gets to the exhaust tip. So I am going to have to replace the pipe from the muffler back with a single when I put the Magnaflow on. Would a shop be able to make that pipe or should I order it from someplace?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
01yukon said:
My yukon is an 01. Comming out of the factory muffler it is a dual (y pipe) that goes back to a single before it gets to the exhaust tip. So I am going to have to replace the pipe from the muffler back with a single when I put the Magnaflow on. Would a shop be able to make that pipe or should I order it from someplace?

Yup a shop should be able to make that with ease, it's commonly called a "cat-back" system. :shake:

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I have the Magnaflow 11236 on my tahoe, with a tip from a 2004 SS, and it sounds good. It's nice and mellow while cruising, but it really wakes up at 3000rpms. :rocking:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
91_bowtie said:
I have the Magnaflow 11236 on my tahoe, with a tip from a 2004 SS, and it sounds good. It's nice and mellow while cruising, but it really wakes up at 3000rpms. :rocking:
What year is your Tahoe? How did you go about installing it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts