GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting a new muffler for my 5.3. I really like the sound of a magnaflow, just wondering what size would sound the best. I want it to be sorta loud but not really loud like straight pipes.

·
Pain is temporary.
341 Posts
I have an 18" welded in the the stock location w/ a turndown. Sounds pretty good IMO, nice a mellow under normal driving, but screams at WOT.

Part # 12259.

·
Registered
6,155 Posts
no magnaflows are loud from what i have seen, i have a 4x9x14 like luke mentioned with no cats and its not loud

crappy quality, and my truck was donked on 22s at the time but heres mine, stock manifolds, no cats single in single out 4x9x14 dumped at the rear bumper no tip

[yt]6EjHPMsSxXk[/yt]

[yt]zgxfC4CWOiw[/yt]

·
Haters Gonna Hate
2,073 Posts
Just get their 6" race muffler if you want loud, mine was louder than hell when it got broke in and I had it dumped under the cab, too loud.

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
I think I just ordered a 12468
i have no idea how it sounds

·
Registered
446 Posts
Just bought the 18" for the TBSS and was going to get the 22" for the silverado. What do you guys think, should i just get another 18" for the silverado too?

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
I have a 18" one and with no cats its not loud.. Some days I like the sound some days I don't. I may go with a shorter one next time or somthing different

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
i have an 18" case single in dual out magnaflow. Not too loud at crusing speed, but pretty loud when you get on it.

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
Mine will be exiting behind the rear wheels at 90*, basically I'm keeping my pipes, just changing muffler. Hope its not too loud. That's what I'm trying to get away from

·
Registered
446 Posts
Mine will be exiting behind the rear wheels at 90*, basically I'm keeping my pipes, just changing muffler. Hope its not too loud. That's what I'm trying to get away from

thats exactly what i am going to do also. I don't want to see any exhaust, so i am going to have them cut it up further behind the wheel.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts