GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. So I had a thought this evening. I walked into the master bedroom tonight and noticed the colors had gotten all screwy on the TV. Well, that TV sits in a wood amoire I and remembered I had set a JL10w3v3 on top of the armoire. Note that it's about a foot from the top of the TV to the top of the armoire.

So, I was thinking. I plan to have this sub in a fiberglass center console box (stealthbox) in my truck. Now I normally set my phone on the center console, plus CD's that sit in it, etc. Wondering if I have potential for any of that stuff to get jacked up with this sub is sitting in there.

This thing (except I'm putting the newer 10w3v3 in it) - http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_stealthbox_detail.php?fit_id=1459

Thoughts?

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
take your phone and CDs, set them by the sub over night. See if they work in the morning and let us know what you found out :lol:

But in all seriousness I cant imagine it fucking that shit up. CRTs are probably a lot more sensitive to magnetism than CDs or cellphones.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
it shouldnt hurt the phone and wont hurt the cds

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
only way it will hurt the phone is if u stick it to the magnet. But tv's and pc screens, dont do it it will fuck it up and if yours stays fucked up you can usually take the sub and wave it in front of the screen and ususally fix the colors back to some degree because i know my old computer i did that

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,542 Posts
only way it will hurt the phone is if u stick it to the magnet. But tv's and pc screens, dont do it it will fuck it up and if yours stays fucked up you can usually take the sub and wave it in front of the screen and ususally fix the colors back to some degree because i know my old computer i did that
word. degaussing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degaussing

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
hahaha made me think of a funny story....I had my IDMAX sitting on top of a shelf in my room by the door..and one day I walked in, threw my belt, and walked out. The next morning I couldnt find it and eventually found it clung to the magnet of my IDMAX. I threw it prolly within 2 feet of the sub and it was strong enough to draw it in and catch it...kinda badass...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts