GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this isn't a suspension lift but figured this was the best place to post this. I want to lift my 99 Sierra's body just a little bit and the only kit I can find is a 3" ( I really only want a 1"). So I decided to but the blocks and bolts separately and found these 1-1/4''...

http://zoneoffroad.com/display?ma=12&yr=1999&mo=274&ca=95&un=1

My question is will I need to extend my steering shaft with a 1-1/4'' BL or will it be ok as it is? I found a 1-1/2'' one but it says it is used for 3'' BL's. I'm guessing I don't need one but I'm sure someone here will know for sure.

Are there any other non cosmetic things that I will need to figure out how to make work with the extra 1-1/4 distance besides the fan shroud? I should also mention to all the people that are already thinking it, This is not for looks or to fit bigger tires. The sole purpose of doing this is to give me a tiny bit more room between my frame and body that is it. Thanks to anyone that can help in any way.

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
I did a DIY 1" BL on my 99' RCSB Z71.... No other modification needed! I trimmed (1/2") the bottom of the fan shroud opening to clear the fan. And, had to do some cutting on the front bumper/mounts to get it raised the 1".

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did a DIY 1" BL on my 99' RCSB Z71.... No other modification needed! I trimmed (1/2") the bottom of the fan shroud opening to clear the fan. And, had to do some cutting on the front bumper/mounts to get it raised the 1".
Awesome! that is good news, Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts