GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again everyone.. So I've been messing with my truck a lot lately. And I've been wanting to drive it to work but have been a little worried about a couple things..
#1.. Making it to work with out a problem.. Work is about 30 miles away and takes 30 min to get there and 45 min with traffic..
#2.. Keeping up with traffic on the interstate.. At least get to 75mph..
#3.. Making sure nothing goes out on the way there..

So my truck is a 1990 Suburban 2500 it had a 350 fuel injected but now it has a 454 carbureted motor in it.. And the guy that put the 454 motor in it seemed to know what he was doing at the time but I've had to replace a couple things on it already. Just alternator, choke, battery, spark plug wires, nothing big tho..

But I'm really worried about the transmission like when driving the truck, it kinda sounds like it's having trouble shifting. Like it has high rpm's but if I quick step on the gas then it'll sound like it shifts.. I'm assuming it's the 350 auto trans on the 454.

But if I look at just getting a better transmission what should I look for ?
I'd like top speed for the interstate but still want to be able to pull a house of the foundation.

Sorry for the long post.. I mainly want to have the truck 100% reliable before I drive it to work..
Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you cant get this thing up to 70mph, I would highly suggest selling it and buying a different truck that is stock. This is going to be a money pit. Just my opinion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts