GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GMFS:
I am targeting this thread mainly for the younger guys. This summer I am looking for some good jobs and ways to make money. You guys running lifts, drops, tires, and wheels (the expensive stuff): How did you pay for it? I am 16 years old. I am about to add a 3" BL mainly because that is all I can afford, but in the near future I want to build the truck up more. ( Susp., tires, wheels, gears) Just looking for the stories of how you guys got way up there or bagged on 20's etc. I appreciate all your replies

sp

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
I lifeguarded in the summer, 12 hrs a day, 6 days a week. In the year I built computers for people. Save Save Save!

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
i am putting my self thru college right now paying $1200 plus books every 6 weeks, and still working full time. IT sucks but i have to get stuff for my truck. i keep saving but it doesnt really work. i am soooo poor right now but i have a damn good looking truck. i mean really, who cares about food on the table if you got a really good looking truck that the ladies keep runnin to. lol
dont loose faith, it takes a long time

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
I know exactally how you feel. The job I have now can barely be considered a job. It pays for the gas and thats about it...whatever is left over I have to save for repairs down the road...lol...I'd love to get a good job over the summer and make a little more cash for the truck. I need some ideas too...

·
Registered
716 Posts
Just get a job and save as much as you can. Or you can take an easy/risky way out and start sellin illegal stuff(demand never goes down). But if your like someone I know and you get caught, you're screwed.(He was able to post 1 million dollars bail and skip town)

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
i have worked 2 jobs before in the summer.... havent done that in a few years though... i work full time, am at school fulltime, and sell truck parts for extra cash. that and i install body lifts and drops. whatever makes the money... i also work at the body shop when i need soem extra cash..

·
Registered
291 Posts
Get a job and only eat Ramen noodles.
I swear that is how my friend saved money.
He will eat Ramen noodles and water until he saved enough for his truck.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Just buy things piece by piece, I had my rims/tires over 2 months before I lifted my truck.

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
werd, try to find a corporate job, like an internship at an insurance company or some other kind of temp work.....try to find people who can get you deals on parts, its all about who you know :read:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i worked at a supermarket for about 2 years for summer money... worst job i've ever had. Old fat women. sigh.

Now i deliever pizzas for a living. Its a pretty chill job. All i do is drive around listening to music, take orders, and make an occasional pizza. Right now i make about 150 in tips for a weekend, and get 75 bucks in wages... not bad for only working 15 weeks :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts