GMC Truck Forum banner

Making $

3062 30
GMFS:
I am targeting this thread mainly for the younger guys. This summer I am looking for some good jobs and ways to make money. You guys running lifts, drops, tires, and wheels (the expensive stuff): How did you pay for it? I am 16 years old. I am about to add a 3" BL mainly because that is all I can afford, but in the near future I want to build the truck up more. ( Susp., tires, wheels, gears) Just looking for the stories of how you guys got way up there or bagged on 20's etc. I appreciate all your replies

sp
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· a.k.a. turbodan
5,657 Posts
i am putting my self thru college right now paying $1200 plus books every 6 weeks, and still working full time. IT sucks but i have to get stuff for my truck. i keep saving but it doesnt really work. i am soooo poor right now but i have a damn good looking truck. i mean really, who cares about food on the table if you got a really good looking truck that the ladies keep runnin to. lol
dont loose faith, it takes a long time

· GMFS slowest truck :read:
7,772 Posts
I know exactally how you feel. The job I have now can barely be considered a job. It pays for the gas and thats about it...whatever is left over I have to save for repairs down the road...lol...I'd love to get a good job over the summer and make a little more cash for the truck. I need some ideas too...

· Registered
1,760 Posts
Just get a job and save as much as you can. Or you can take an easy/risky way out and start sellin illegal stuff(demand never goes down). But if your like someone I know and you get caught, you're screwed.(He was able to post 1 million dollars bail and skip town)

· Line-X of San Antonio
7,270 Posts
i have worked 2 jobs before in the summer.... havent done that in a few years though... i work full time, am at school fulltime, and sell truck parts for extra cash. that and i install body lifts and drops. whatever makes the money... i also work at the body shop when i need soem extra cash..

· samcarol
11,004 Posts
i worked at a supermarket for about 2 years for summer money... worst job i've ever had. Old fat women. sigh.

Now i deliever pizzas for a living. Its a pretty chill job. All i do is drive around listening to music, take orders, and make an occasional pizza. Right now i make about 150 in tips for a weekend, and get 75 bucks in wages... not bad for only working 15 weeks :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.