GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
In Denial
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was my ride prior to the Sierra...'98 Sonoma, fast-bagged on 18" Boyds. Man, I sure do miss her.

177.jpg

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
Damn thats a sweet looking truck. Why'd ya get rid of it?

·
In Denial
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was having trouble with the bags, and it had over 108k on the clock in a little over 2 1/2 years. :(

I drug the piss out of it and tore it up, which is part of the reason that the Sierra is static dropped. :anitoof:

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
your sierra > any s10...infact any fullsize > any s10. im not big on lowering but i think that a fullsize looks better lowered and they sure as hell look better lifted.

·
Registered
343 Posts
LS1 in S-10 > LS1 in sierra :D both still cool thought :imo

·
In Denial
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BaggedC10 said:
How was it bagged? :think:

Nice ride...:D
The Slo-noma was bagged early in 99. Back then, we didn't have the compressors that we do today, and I went through them like they were going outta style. I think I burned up two Thomas compressors in 2 months. Of course, I was running 14 gallons of air, 3/8" valves and 1/2" line. It would hop the front end with a full tank. Not much, but the wheels definitely got off of the ground.

Not to mention that the frame was all gigged up from dragging. But I had the tranny crossmember redone and a 2-link so it would lay FLAT.

I *think* I know where the truck is, and I've often thought of trying to buy it back, or maybe finding another one like it as another project vehicle.

Did I mention that I miss that truck? Too bad I don't have many more pics of it.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
when i had my sonoma i had a pic of your old truck on my computer becuz i liked the way it looked and wanted to do something similar :rocking: :rocking:

·
In Denial
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You wouldn't happen to have any pics of it, would you? That's the only pic that I have of it bagged on the 18s. :(

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
So Scream u keepin the Sierra? Cause ya know wouldnt wanna have to regret that :insane: :drool:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
that was the same pic i had:LOL: i use to have a few more of trucks very similar (black stdcab's on timeless 18's) but lost them when my comp crashed

·
In Denial
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Adam, I'm not really sure what I'm going to do just yet. It's looking like I'm going to keep it.

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
KEEEEEEP IT its so clean and I bet fast :drool: If ya keep it, make some videos :rocking: :drool:

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
I was this close:shake: to buying a black shaved 01 sonoma on 18's(just like yours only fleetside), and already had plans to bag it the week I bought it........

Boy am I glad that deal didnt go through..... there is no comparison when you've got twice the cyliners in a truck....

a fullsize is the only 'Real' truck :imo

Static Dropped Sierra > any bagged Noma or S10.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
that sucks... i've been thinking about selling my truck in awhile but now i think i'm gonna have to rethink it...

IMO both of your trucks are cool in their own right... sometimes i wish instead of putting bags on my truck i put a blower on it, but then when i drop on people and scare the :shit: out of them, it makes me happy :D

·
In Denial
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's hard for me to say that my truck is better than ANY S-10/Sonoma. It's hard to beat a bodydropped stepside S-dime:

:drool:

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
i really cant stand s10s, i dunno what it is but i just cant. i dont mind blazers and i know they're the same thing but its something about an s10 pickup that i dont like. i cant look at an s10 and think its a truck, when i hear truck i think of a fullsize. i was thinking about selling my truck for a s10 blazer but after thinking about i realized how stupid it was IMO. id rather have a stock fullsize then a pimped out s10.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts