GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
-drew
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2008 model Silverado LT ext. Z71. Not too long ago I added a 6" Fabtech with bilsteins and put some Ballistic wheels and Toyo tires on it. I recently had a shop attempt to re-gear from 3.73 to a 4.10 because I do have to do some highway driving here and there.. The mechanic called me with the following news:

He had issues aligning the new G2 gears and called summit racing (where he ordered them) and said they weren't fitting properly. Summit Racing assured him they were correct and told him to call Chevy. Chevy told him that my truck was made in Mexico and that a large number of them in a certain time frame, along with mine, were off on measurements and had minor defects compared to those made elsewhere. Chevy said I was basically screwed and the gears that were in it are the only ones that will work.

So has anyone ever heard of this problem/ issue? What can I do to fix it or is it possible? was really hoping to bump up to 4.10s..

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I havnt ever heard of that problem but if it's true the easiest fix would be a new axle and diff, which you could probably find at a yard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts