GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I'm a BRO
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a suggustion on how to remove the bulbs for the map lights? They are tiny and i cant get my fingers around them to pull them out

·
I'm a BRO
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, I was wondering how to remove the little rivets that are everywhere. I was looking at doing the 4-Hi mod. The air dam is held by a rivet, and i dont know how to get it off without breaking it.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I've removed those map light plenty of times with needle nose plyers without breaking them. Don't squeeze so hard! :rofl2:

·
I'm a BRO
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol...i figured it out though. I was able to get the chrome cone housing out. I didnt know that was possible. Then it was easy just to pull them out

·
I'm a BRO
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok Im still stuck on those stupid rivet things. How do i get those out without ruining them? Drill and plyers im guessing lol

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
Do you mean the little snaps holding the valance on? you can use 2 screw drivers to pry the center up and then pull it out. After that, the entire thing will just pull out.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
theres no rivets in the lower valance, just like 2 bolts on each side and then the rest are push pins, use a small flathead to pull the center our and then you should be able to take it off. if your just doing the 4 hi, you shouldnt have to take anything off, just do it under the fuse box with some diodes

·
Registered
612 Posts
if your talking about the over head console i just drilled out the plastic rivets that hold the light sockets in place then used some screws to reinstall it..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts