GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be taking off my gauge needles and was wondering what would be the easiest and most exact way to mark where they were.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I cleared my speedo and tach and i know i didnt get the needles back on exactly how they came off, now im screwed and im just gonna buy 2 new needles and keep them orange. I wanted to keep the crystal clear but paint thinner fogs up the plastic so they didnt turn out how i wanted them in the first place. Now that what's done is done, can a dealership get my needles back to reading correct. Because electronically its still correct...i just have the needles on wrong and do not want to "live" with however close i can get it. I want it right on.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
A little preparation goes a long ways with this .. we took my digital camera and took pics with the truck off, with the switch to ACC, and with the truck running .... then we had a guide to put it back together.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I just started doing this 10 mins ago on my '94 because im bored out of my skull, i just marked it with a pencil. I have to keep re-marking them though or i'll rub the markings off..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts