GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

WANT LIFT!!!
Very low miles! I just picked up a 06 lbz with 134k and thought that was low haha! Good luck with it!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
What are you gonna use it for? Looks like it could have been a portable welding outfit at one time. Sure has enough tool/storage space!
Well, mainly I got a good deal on it and needed the 4 wheel drive and power. As much as I love my 96 C2500, I just needed a little more capability. If I can get my stuff in order, I hope to find a welder helper job on the pipeline this spring and eventually start welding.

I guess I could have introduced my truck better. It was originally set up as some sort of welder/service truck but never left the shop. The second owner bought it a few years ago with about 26,000 miles and shortly after put new injectors in. It was used as a construction work truck but stayed in pretty good shape. Now I have it as the third owner.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Finally got around to putting my ditch lights on today. Also put in some 9011/9012 bulbs awhile back.

Pulled out the useless cubby and zip tied my switch in place for now. This will all be done correctly later, I'm just trying to decide if I want to make a switch plate here, or put one in my covered cigarette lighter. Plus I plan on getting a couple more lights and might put them on the same switch and make up my own harness.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
So last week I went to the junkyard and found a jump seat with center console to put in place of my non-folding middle seat. The lid was busted up, the latch was gone, and it was dark grey instead of the light grey that's in my truck. Today I went to another junkyard and was able to find not only a good lid and latch, but also another seat that's actually the right color. Wasn't to worried about color at first cause I think I'll end up putting an LT2 console in down the road, but since I found a good one, I figured I might as well grab it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Yesterday I got my new radio harness all soldered together and an android radio installed.

Also relocated the airbag switch and put one of those little cubbies in. It's barely too small to hold my phone, but I'm sure it'll still be more useful than the 4x4 switch space cubby. I wasted way too much time trying to do the resistor/auto headlight mod while I was in there, but couldn't ever reach well enough. I don't know how you guys that have done this ever got the wires unplugged. One of these days I'll just have to pull the dash off.

x3 shitbox owner
Can say from experience, those android head units are trash. There鈥檚 a reason why they鈥檙e so cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Between today and yesterday, I got my oil changed, tires rotated, new fuel filter, put a folding center seat in (disconnected the seatbelt wires while seats were out, no more annoying light/chime)...

...pulled the dash apart and did the auto headlight resistor mod...

...and got my cb antennas mounted and the coax ran up under the dash.

Registered
Why not get a lower valance and fogs for the bumper thats actually on it?

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
Haven't had the chance to do a whole lot since my last post. But I did pull the hazard/beacon off of the headache rack (looks much cleaner) and added a foot dimmer switch to run my auxiliary lights. This way I don't have to search around for the switch and can turn them off much easier and quicker if I happen to run into someone.

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
Finally got rid of my DRL's. Got a couple spare parking light and drl sockets from the junkyard awhile back and fixed everything up to look and work oem. This way I was also able to tape up the drl sockets and stick them out of the way, but they're still handy for future use.

This was a pretty straightforward job. The only real hiccups were that I originally bought the wrong bulbs, so I got the right ones after work today and just need to put them in sometime. Also, I realized that one of my sockets was missing the locking tab. Luckily its fairly easy to modifiy/swap a new one on without cutting or soldering anything again. So I'll have to find one of those at some point.

Also realized that the drl bulbs are exactly the same, just without the amber coloring. So I put those back in while I already had things apart.

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
About a week ago, I tried out one of those duplicolor touch up pens on some rock chips. Not real pleased with the results. Maybe with a paint correction it would blend in better. Oh well, at least from a distance it cleans things up and adds another layer of protection against rust.

Today I changed the oil. Took this opportunity to install a fumoto valve.

Also got a filter adaptor,

and upgraded to the donaldson filter.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts