GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone school me on this subject?
Has anyone outfitted their rigs with a Mass AirFlow Sensor and if so, does it really make a difference?

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
I haven't had one on my truck but from everything I've heard, it's pointless. If you really want to have one you can take the screen off your stock one like I did. Will make your truck run a little leaner at WOT but I haven't had a problem.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
well you have one stock.............so you dont really need to outfit your rig with it.

as far as replacing it, complete waste of money, unless you have a COMPLETE race motor that needs a corvette zo6 MAF.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Jeff said:
well you have one stock.............so you dont really need to outfit your rig with it.

as far as replacing it, complete waste of money, unless you have a COMPLETE race motor that needs a corvette zo6 MAF.
word.

there is no need for a new one until you start making massive horsepower... on the LT1 engines, the impala guys would switch out to the F-body MAF's only because they were a little bigger and had less tendency to break.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
When removing a screen you remove the only way to guarentee even and accurate flow across the sensor. Lots of people will run lean once descreened and some will run like crap. I wouldn't touch it....no reason to. If the screen was replaceable than it may not be bad to try it but once out they are out.

Cameron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts