GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had any experience with these tires? I was at the local shop today and they seemed to look pretty deacent but I would like to hear some feedback before i buy any.

Thanks alot

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I had the Summit version of these tires on my 97, exact same tread pattern. They rode nice, had a cool little hum at the right speed, and did just fine off-road for everything I needed. Plus I got a set of 305/70s for $600 installed with lifetime rotations and warranty, can't beat that :imo

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
GMCOOZ has those tires. IMO they look too much like a wrangler MTR and i hate those tires

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
they were either the buckshots or the bighorns for my situation bc i was on a budget. The buckshots arent appealing to me bc they lack the sidewall tread the bighorns have.
They will perform for anything your stock truck will be able to get through.
I'd get them again

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
grant-what will your next tire be

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
ive got a heeper friend that has a set of 35s. he seems to like them from what i know so far.

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
possibly an mtz or (sorry to say) a bfg at simply bc i can get a set for 400 from the hummer dealership.
My plans are a bodylift and 315s
could always run drews 36s for a few months or used em just for mud

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
honestly dont have a need for swamps and i daily drive the truck so bias tires wouldnt be too great. Truck doesnt see much mud to tell you the truth

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
honestly dont have a need for swamps and i daily drive the truck so bias tires wouldnt be too great. Truck doesnt see much mud to tell you the truth

Sounds like a perfect candidate for some Hummer take-offs. How much did you get your current tires for btw?

·
GPS Guru
347 Posts
Got my 305/70/17 Big Horns for $508 mounted and balanced. Only thing I don't like about 'em is after 20,000 miles, they are getting louder every day. A little hum is fine, but these things roar.

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
my bighorns were 660 shipped from an ebay store i called directly. No local shops carried them within 100miles of me so i resorted to ebay.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts