GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
NOT A SHOW TRUCK!!
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to say it but I think I will soon be trading the chevy for a 1989, YELLOW, VORTECH SUPERCHARGED WITH AFTERCOOLER, ZEX 125 HP SHOT NITROUS, TRICKFLOW TWISTED WEDGE ALUMINUM HEADS, TRICKFLOW INTAKE, 40LB INJECTORS, SIX SPEED TRANNY, COBRA R WHEELS, COWL INDUCTION HOOD I know I know its a ford but this thing is sweet judging by the pics I will be lookin at it this week and hopefully trading even for my truck :head:
mustang1.jpg

mustang2.jpg

mustang3.jpg

mustang4.jpg

the 2 best parts :naughty:
mustang6.jpg

mustang7.jpg

·
Registered
6,252 Posts
Cool, but whats up with the hood? Is it unlatched or what? looks like a gap between that and the front fascia .......hmmmm looks sweet tho!

·
OG
6,939 Posts
That 5.0 is nice i like the 5.0's but i was noticing that the drivers side fender and door look like a different shade of yellow then the drivers side rear qaurter panel. could jst be the light though. Just looking out for you

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Sounds like the Mustang guy is getting a sweet deal!

But if you are happy, thats all that matters :uhoh:

·
NOT A SHOW TRUCK!!
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Y2KSierra said:
Sounds like the Mustang guy is getting a sweet deal!

But if you are happy, thats all that matters :uhoh:

either way I will be getting rid of my truck and I have always wanted a foxbody mustang and this one seems to be a pretty good car, I did notice the front light is out of adjustment and the hood dont line up, it has probably been wrecked but I will be looking it over and test driving it before I make any decisions, Im just tired of the truck it gets crappy gas mileage runs like shyt and is slow :read:

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
98BlueBowtie said:
either way I will be getting rid of my truck and I have always wanted a foxbody mustang and this one seems to be a pretty good car, I did notice the front light is out of adjustment and the hood dont line up, it has probably been wrecked but I will be looking it over and test driving it before I make any decisions, Im just tired of the truck it gets crappy gas mileage runs like shyt and is slow :read:
lol...i understand if you are tired of poor gas mileage and all. But I would at least go the smart way about it and sell your truck and then buy the mustang having some money left over :read: I don't know, if you want to go and trade, by all means do it. I've just never been one to throw away money...

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
a straight up trade for that thing would be a retarded move. your truck is probably worth at least twice what that car is worth if the truck is in average condition for a 98

gas mileage???um with a blown and modded car do you really expect better mileage than your truck? you will be gassing the hell out of it cuz it will be fast

reliabilty? no way in hell your truck can be less reliable than that thing. with good maintenance, your stock motor will be much less finicky than a totally custom motor. the blower alone will wear it out more. custom stuff doesnt last like stock, just the price to pay.

what motor do you have? 5.7? if so i dont see how its slow. granted its in a truck, but for a truck the vortec motors can move.

you should give this alot of thought. not only is that car a worse daily driver than your truck, your getting screwed in a straight trade imo

·
NOT A SHOW TRUCK!!
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jeff said:
a straight up trade for that thing would be a retarded move. your truck is probably worth at least twice what that car is worth if the truck is in average condition for a 98

gas mileage???um with a blown and modded car do you really expect better mileage than your truck? you will be gassing the hell out of it cuz it will be fast

reliabilty? no way in hell your truck can be less reliable than that thing. with good maintenance, your stock motor will be much less finicky than a totally custom motor. the blower alone will wear it out more. custom stuff doesnt last like stock, just the price to pay.

what motor do you have? 5.7? if so i dont see how its slow. granted its in a truck, but for a truck the vortec motors can move.

you should give this alot of thought. not only is that car a worse daily driver than your truck, your getting screwed in a straight trade imo
its got a 305, I dunno I just want somethin different I thought I would like the truck but I dont like it at all it is a nice truck and all but Im just not into the 4x4 stuff like I use to be I would rather be low to the ground and have modded motor the guy is asking 9 for the car it is suppose to run high 9s in the 1/4 mile but I am not going to make any quick decisions, but if I dont end up getting this car I will either get a k5 or somethin I dunno yet :read:

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
why get a K5 when you just said your not into the whole 4x4 thing???

ive been 17 and been totally unsure what i wanted to do with my truck, i had a 94 K2500 at the time.

you're on the right track about not making any quick decisions. that is always the best policy, well maybe not in combat but here it is lol.

i get what you mean about the 305 thing. i had a TBI truck so i know what slow is damnit. even tho i still miss that truck and wish i still had it.

honestly, 9000 dollars for an 89 mustang??? if its not in pristine condition, no way its worth anything close to it. my buddy sold his 91 stang 3 years ago for 3 grand. and it was in pretty decent shape. granted it wasnt blown, but it had every bolt on there was. your truck is probably worth 8-9 grand if you cleaned it up real nice and fixed minor things, and put stock tails on. while you are getting your truck ready for sale and while waiting for a buyer, you will have time to decide what you really want. if you want a stang, go for it, but honestly i would get one thats more practical. even a stock 5.0 with some flows hauls ass compared to a pickup.

·
I'm back!
794 Posts
You should sell your rig first...you will get raped big time if you trade outright..:read:

·
NOT A SHOW TRUCK!!
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stu said:
You should sell your rig first...you will get raped big time if you trade outright..:read:

after thinking about it I will more then likely just put the for sale sign back on my truck put the bodylift on and have it buffed again and up the price a little bit, let me rephrase the not into 4x4 part I mean Im not into the poser 4x4s I love lifted trucks but I could never abuse my truck offroad so I might just sell it and buy a cheap k5 or maybe a samauri but I still gotta sell the truck first, I am glad I posted this on here first cuz I really dont know what the cars are worth I know alot about trucks and stuff but havent really checked out cars thanks for the replys :head:

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
a couple things....

1: nice stang, need to regap the body panels no big deal, the only reason to buy that car would be for motor.

2: its a six speed thast sooo hott

3:no way will you get enough traction for 9s

4: i would def have already sold my shit, or traded, he has way more in that car than you do in the truck:read:

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
i wish you would have been selling this thing a month ago, i would have bought it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
ID say go for it dude, if its what you want do it.

Like someones said hes got way more into his car then you do, and personally, i dont know how much you'll get for your truck, ya know ? Just my thoughts.

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
how many miles on the body? motor? is the radiator support good? look under the car at the torque boxes to see if they are twisted, if they are, the cars been beat to death. ive had 2, just sold my last one. any other questions about it, pm me.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
uhhh, no way that will ever runs 9s. The Hennesy motorsports 1000 RWHP viper runs 9s...

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
uhhh, no way that will ever runs 9s. The Hennesy motorsports 1000 RWHP viper runs 9s...

your definately wrong there, the reason that viper is probably only running 9s is because of traction, its the most important part of drag racing:read:

there are plenty of novas/chevelles/old mustangs that are running 9s on teh street, most of them are back-halved. That setup im sure could put you there, traction is the issue :head:

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
Anybody ever read that shit about Hennesy scamming multiple customers? Pretty crazy stuff :imo I'd rather have MTI or Lingenfelter modify my car if I had a Viper or Vette :read:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts