GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at a 09 gmc 2500hd denali LMM duramax from a buddy of mine. The truck was originally his dads from new and it traveled all across the province as he was a salesman. Its currently got 320,000kms on it and he is asking $24000. Since gettin it from his dad its gotten a 68mm turbo, injectors etc, EFI live dsp5, turbo back straight 5" exhaust and a few other mods (pretty quick truck). The truck is in mint shape and has been religioulsly maintained.
My only concern is the high kms, ive always had gas trucks so this will be the first diesel and if i buy it i plan to keep it for 5+ years.
Should i worry about the high kms? ive read that they can go upwards of 500k+ with proper maintenance before any major problems, i only drive roughly 20k kms a year anyways.

·
jewish misanthropist
486 Posts
Well, if you're planning on owning a truck for awhile, buying a truck that already has 320,000 kms isn't really the best idea considering when it's five years down the road the truck'll be 10 years old and it'll have over 400,000 km, so you won't be making much of that $24,000 (or whatever price you agree on) back.

To answer your question, as long as your buddy wasn't bagging the piss out of the thing, I'd imagine it'll go without much issue for the next while. One of the biggest issues on the LMM was the DPF, but with the upgrades on the truck I'd assume it's already deleted so you won't have that to worry about.

·
Yuuuuuppppppp
1,055 Posts
Its deffinitely worth more than $15k. The cheapest one that just went through the auction late last month was a $18k @ 190k miles. Most around 160-175k were right around $20k and thats auction prices.

320KM is not an insane amount for an LMM. Thats less than 200k miles. At that point id be worried if it needs a trans rebuild with that power setup....and with the power setup..a stock rebuild is a waste so you are looking at $4k plus minimum for a reliable setup.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Thats a 25-30k truck here easy..

·
jewish misanthropist
486 Posts
Its deffinitely worth more than $15k. The cheapest one that just went through the auction late last month was a $18k @ 190k miles. Most around 160-175k were right around $20k and thats auction prices.

320KM is not an insane amount for an LMM. Thats less than 200k miles. At that point id be worried if it needs a trans rebuild with that power setup....and with the power setup..a stock rebuild is a waste so you are looking at $4k plus minimum for a reliable setup.
320,000 km is exactly 200,000 miles. Good point on the trans rebuild.

·
TRUCKMODCENTRAL.COM
574 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Thats a 25-30k truck here easy..
yea here in california... beat to shit um I want 28k FIRM

"It only has 200k miles it's just broken in" Yea but everything else falls apart lol

·
jewish misanthropist
486 Posts
yea here in california... beat to shit um I want 28k FIRM

"It only has 200k miles it's just broken in" Yea but everything else falls apart lol
"no test drives no low ballers i know what i got"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts