GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
nbs 2wd single cab
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a guy ask me about my truck today and I told him my setup. He told me that my notch will cause my frame to bend/crack and that I should have had a under bed notch welded in.

Is he right?

I have the McG bolt in notch and flip kit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have heard that it could be an issue if you do not drill the corners out when cutting the notch but if you did that you should not have a problem.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
[MENTION=12351]2005_Silverado[/MENTION] Welded a piece of square tubing on top of his frame. you may look into that.

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
I have heard that it could be an issue if you do not drill the corners out when cutting the notch but if you did that you should not have a problem.
this

[MENTION=12351]2005_Silverado[/MENTION] Welded a piece of square tubing on top of his frame. you may look into that.
and this

You can weld the sucker in and never worry about it. you can also weld a stick of 2x2 square tubing over and lil beyond the notched area too, just cut the bed support off and ur golden.

·
nbs 2wd single cab
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did drill the corners, I guess I'll be ok. I would like to go to a under bed notch in the future, I'd like to go to 24's in the rear. I'm keeping the 22's up front so I'll need more clearance when I drop the rear another inch.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I drilled the corners on mine. No problems going on almost a year now. One day when I have the bed off again I'll just weld it and call it done.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Done multiple bolt in notches, never seen one crack ever. Trucks have towed too.
I run the AVS super notch, its bad ass & has clearance for days.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I went with McG after looking at the others. The BT is really a beast but double the costs...I'm sure with all the McG out there it would be talked about if they caused issues

1 - 8 of 8 Posts