GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 08 GMC Sierra crew cab on 2014 Sierra 24" replicas with 305/35r24 tires. I just ordered the McGaughys Part# 34070 lowering kit and was wondering if anyone could give me any pointers when installing the kit. Also I have read about the Belltech transmission spacer. Do I need that?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Very helpful..... Anyway.. That's pretty much what's on my truck. The rear as is in that kit will not do a full 7" drop. It'll max at 6 because of those reverse shackle hangers. If you don't do the hangers, you'll get 7".
The bell tech spacer will help... I have it on my 09. It cut almost all of the vibration. There's still a little at 65mph.. But completely tolerable. One thing I don't have are shock extenders... Not sure why they're needed. I have drop shocks in rear and the overall ride is very good

·
Registered
76 Posts
Oh and lastly... You're gonna rub like a s.o.b. With a 305/35 24 up front... I have 295/35 24 and with a full 4/7"... It only rubs on inclined turns.. Driveways backing, uneven parking lots... I already trimmed off a ton of the wheel liners.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It will rub even of I remove the inner fender well plastic piece ? Thanks for the information the kit is still on backorder due to the front struts not being in stock

1 - 9 of 9 Posts