GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright hopefully there's no other threads already comparing the 2, but i recently sold my 2010 Silverado with an 8' bulletproof lift. And purchased a 2014 sierra 1500. I am looking to go with something different and I am leaning more towards FTS. But i was looking for others opinions on quality/customer service/etc of each of these company's and kits.

I am hoping to order in the next few days so any info would be great to help me decide.

The Mcgaughys lift appeals to me because of the adjustable struts. But ive seen multiple great builds on this forum already using the full throttle kit.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
565 Posts
I have the FTS 7-9" and I have no complaints and I've also heard nothing but good stuff from friends running Mcguaphys 7-9" set up. So either one you'll be happy

·
Registered
11 Posts
i had a mcguaghy on my 08 silverado i like it to was good wish i still had that truck now i got a 2013 with a 3'' body lift and a 2'' leveling kit on it either one would be good to use

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
Alright hopefully there's no other threads already comparing the 2, but i recently sold my 2010 Silverado with an 8' bulletproof lift. And purchased a 2014 sierra 1500. I am looking to go with something different and I am leaning more towards FTS. But i was looking for others opinions on quality/customer service/etc of each of these company's and kits.

I am hoping to order in the next few days so any info would be great to help me decide.

The Mcgaughys lift appeals to me because of the adjustable struts. But ive seen multiple great builds on this forum already using the full throttle kit.

Thanks for the help!
MCG is basically a carbon copy of the faptech lift. both 7-9, both drop diff same amount, basically same design. Fabtech has better shock options (Dirt logic).

Or buy basic MCG lift & Bilsteins

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you everyone for the replies. Thinking I will end up ordering the FTS I sent Bryan at Bulletproof an email just to see about there kit I haven't seen or heard much information on it.

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
Thank you everyone for the replies. Thinking I will end up ordering the FTS I sent Bryan at Bulletproof an email just to see about there kit I haven't seen or heard much information on it.
Bulletproof I believe is a 10-12? also a very good lift. but WAY more $$$, like 2-3 times more.

Edit: also see they have an 8" lift. by the looks of the LCA's in the picture on the website description, looks like a 6-8" lift.

·
can't lose on 22z
1,442 Posts
I have a loaded out mcgaughys in the FS section...

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
And it's PC'd red for extra sexiness

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sounds like a great deal but im looking for something for a 2014 think there are a few differences?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Another quick question for you guys if I go with the fts I'm looking into 20x12s I think the max backspace is like 5 ? My only thing is I'm kind of skeptical about how much the tires would stick out way past the fenders and cops around here are killer about that.

so im also looking into 20x10 BMF sotas but everyone seems to be on backorder

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well thanks everyone for the help.. just placed my order for the 7-9 inch Full Throttle kit !:big_banana_Dance:

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
Another quick question for you guys if I go with the fts I'm looking into 20x12s I think the max backspace is like 5 ? My only thing is I'm kind of skeptical about how much the tires would stick out way past the fenders and cops around here are killer about that.

so im also looking into 20x10 BMF sotas but everyone seems to be on backorder
If the cops around you are sticklers for offset wheels, the BMF's would be a good choice (x10's) with a FTS will have the wheels about 3-4" past fender on the front, 2.5" or so out back.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Well thanks everyone for the help.. just placed my order for the 7-9 inch Full Throttle kit !:big_banana_Dance:
Enjoy it & post up pics when done! I'm going to be selling my 7-9" adjustable 5100 bilsteins here shortly which have about 9k miles on them, if you want them for your kit then let me know

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Okay yeah thanks I guess I'll go with the x10s and appreciate the offer I just got the FTS struts they offer not sure how they compare to the bilstiens ?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts