GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new guy here... own a 2008 Crew Cab Chevy 1500, LS trim package.

So I'm going to be installing Katzkins in the near future, and was thinking about what I could do to make the seats more comfortable. I'm debating swapping out the foam in the seats and replacing it with memory foam :) What are your thoughts on this, am I crazy?

·
Dbs>Bitches.
3,616 Posts
Maybe you could layer it over your current foam, that way you still have the soft-ness of memory foam, but the firmness of the real seat.

·
Giggity Giggity Giggity
3,169 Posts
Katzkins come with foam stitched into them already IIRC so they're softer than standard factory leather seats.

I didn't get my leather from Katzkin but they're like that anyway.

·
Registered
366 Posts
You'd have to remove your foam and insert the memory foam in its place. The memory foam would have to be layered to get the same shape as your polyurathane foam.

I thought of something similar becouse my WT seats are as hard as Marine DI's, but my thoughts were to use old spring style seats with a bit more foam to get the same effect. The only down side on a NNBS is the lack of airbag control in case of an accident.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.