GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to the car audio thing. The stock bose system in my truck just isnt doing it for me anymore. So I was looking at the 12" Memphis S-Class subs. They seem to be the only thin subs with an RMS of 500 watts. No one around me sells them. I was thinking about sticking 3 of them behind the back seat. or 2 under the back seat. Not sure yet. I have a 2006 silverado 1500 crew cab. I tried posting at some other sites but got no luck. So has anyone heard these subs? or have any recomendations? Im going to replace the whole system. Im going to use a Pioneer Avic F900bt, but I havent figured out which speakers to go with. So if you have any ideas please post them.

Ill post a link for them.

http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/products/subwoofers/sclass-subwoofers/

Or if you have any other recomendations for Subs please post them.

·
*SELFMADE*
352 Posts
hey man i have a 2005 crew cab aswell and will most likely be putting this s-class in my truck. I've been working alot with audio/video the last couple years and am very impressed with this speaker. pioneer and JL both also have slim mount subs, which ofcourse are good quality because of the brand but preference I take the memphis. go for it!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
In my opinion, they are the champions of the thin subs. They are absolutely great.

I will recommend that you go for 10's if these are going into any sort of pre-fab enclosure. If you are custom building for this application, you may be able to get more airspace for the 12's.

·
Banned
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok. Thanks. Im going to be doing everything myself. I was thinking maybe these or the rockford p3's

·
Banned
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
great warranty as long as you buy from a memphis dealer also

One of the memphis dealers here doesnt memphis subs. The other one is never open. Ive been up there like 15 times in the Last 2 weeks. And one dealer wants 300 per sub.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts