GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Baja ATZ's to to be exact...(or the SLT's if you have them)

I know a few of you run them... looking for general reviews/comments on them. How many miles you've had them/expect to get out of them / Road Noise / Traction during different conditions / Cost effectiveness / etc.

Also, where's the best place to get them these days?

Want to say I saw them the cheapest @ $376 for a 35x12.5x20 @ onlinetires.. but of course shipping kills the deal. Also 4wheelparts (i think) currently is running a special on them @ 400ish with $50 shipping.

Anyways, any and all reviews/comments/etc are appreciated.

In between these and the Coopers currently.... though i'm not "sold" on any 1 tire just yet either. Nor am i sold on 20s...might go 18's...not sure.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Have you seen the sticky above? There's lots of reviews in there :shrug:

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have seen... yes.... many times actually. Which is why my mind isn't made up yet.

That said, Question #2 is the reason for the thread.

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
ATZ's are nice, i had a buddy that had had the 35 13.50's. If you have the extra money go ahead and get them, i cant see you being disappointed.

My brother ran the cooper LTZ in a 305/50/20.. excellent tires, and reasonably priced.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So is the extra $75-$100 or more really worth it?

Meaning... assuming i dont have a lead foot....is it reasonable to say I could see 60k or so out of a set?

Looking at getting a house soon, so if a set of tires could last me 2-3 years (average 25k a year)... that'd be swell.

·
12 sec lifted truck club
3,536 Posts
Hey I was in texas and got snow once so get bent! lol. Actually the boggers I had did great in snow, and so did the claws.

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
I dont see how the ATZ's would be worth $100 more per tire, but thats totally your call. 60k might be hard to achieve..

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a set of the Mickey Thompson ATZ's in a 305/55R20. and by far the best tire I've had (and i have tried a lot). I have 25K on mine so far and i have only done 1 tire rotation. They wear really well, After that 25K that i have put on the rears have gone down 4 32seconds and the fronts had gone down 2 32seconds. The tires do suck in the winter i absolutely hate them for that but are great in the summer.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have a set. Coutryboy has a set he swears he has 77k + on. I say do it

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Country boy is on his 2nd set of ATZs. He seemed to be impressed with them and got a ton of miles out of them. He has also had them in mud at least a couple times. I'd PM him for specifics.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I second the 13.50s unless you like a narrow look. Check out my album they are on x10s

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have the 13.5's also. Only been having the truck for a couple months but so far I do like the tires. Good ride and quiet.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've had both. Had the LTZ's for about 50k, now have the ATZ's. I have about 25k on them now and I see another easy 30-40k out of them. The LTZ's were a little quieter on the road, but the ATZ's aren't loud by any means. I would recommend getting what you like and can afford because they are both about equally as good. If I was to buy another set today, I would go with the ATZ's because I like the styling and they are a little more aggressive looking.

Edit: I have 305/55/20

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
definitely will be looking at a x10. Just havent decided on 18 or 20. :crazy:

·
haz 12"s!
4,531 Posts
I dont see how the ATZ's would be worth $100 more per tire, but thats totally your call. 60k might be hard to achieve..
:rofljest:

I got 80k (no bullshittin' either) out of my 35x13.5x18s. That was with new front end parts, watching air pressure and rotating every 10k or so. I probably could have gotten 2-3k more, but it was starting our rainy season and I don't like driving down the interstate with skins.

I now have 37 ATZs and still love them. I have ~40k or so on them and should see 60-70k, but my whole front end is worn out worse than a $2 whore. The fronts are getting chopped pretty bad, but thats my fault.

I have zero complaints with them. They handle great in pouring rain, flooded roads, mud, sand and what ever I've been in. The only thing they don't do well in is gumbo mud. They clog up like crazy. As far as noise, my exhaust is much louder than the tires.

Ill probably buy a 3rd set when these wear out, but maybe in the 40" flavor. I haven't seen another tire that wets my whistle. I kinda like the Claws though, but I drive a fuck ton of miles a year ( average 35k/ year)..

Hope this helps. :shake:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts